HELP!!! Hughes Retro Fit Roller Lifters Problems

-
Are these what you installed?

rollerlifter01.jpg

pushrod%2520angle.jpg

I am running mine in an LA block topped with EQ Magnum heads. I had to get pushrods that gave me .080 -.100" of lifter preload for the lifters to be quiet. You may need to pull the intake and verify the lifter link bars are not rubbing on the block any where.

See his other thread..... My guess is Hughes screwed his fancy super prepped heads up and the springs are coil binding on max lift of the valve...

Fellers this engine has already been ran on the Dyno & made pulls with it making this sound the whole time. If it was the lifters/preload issue I'm sure it would have not made thie kind of power it did.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=237058

Are these what you installed?

rollerlifter01.jpg

pushrod%2520angle.jpg

I am running mine in an LA block topped with EQ Magnum heads. I had to get pushrods that gave me .080 -.100" of lifter preload for the lifters to be quiet. You may need to pull the intake and verify the lifter link bars are not rubbing on the block any where.
I`m not up on mopar small blocks, but having built 2 sbc`s w/ hyd. rollers, I had the same noise. one was approx 500h.p., the last one was approx. 600 h.p. there was nothing wrong w/ anything, all parts were well matched. head work was done by an 18 time NHRA national record holder. when I questioned him about retrofit the hyd. roller noise, he said all of them that he`s ben around did it. I finally got tired of it and went to a solid roller in the 406, was 3 times quieter than the hyd., of course that was a small block chevy(excuse the cuss word) I went w/ a solid roller in my 505 wedge for that very reason.---------bob:coffee2:

same ones. bucket of steel balls or diesel duster. I can't listen to that any more. IS there a EASY out Button or just one or two changes. link bars were check no rub .help

same ones. bucket of steel balls or diesel duster. I can't listen to that any more. IS there a EASY out Button or just one or two changes. help

LOL to the maxxx, your gunna have to yank that sucker most likely, tear it apart and start from scratch!!

IMO that 90 PSI at idle is a clue. GL and let us know what you find. This is a pretty strange mystery.

Nice pump. No doubt it is making pressure but the flow is not going where it should and thus the high pressure when on the pump. What has me totally baffled is you saying that the rockers are getting oil when you prime the engine with the cam holes aligned.

Are there any other oil circuits that are "timed" like the cam holes? Can the cam walk when the engine runs and the shift moves the cam holes away from the bearing holes? You do have the cam retainer installed and the cam locked down tight, don't you? If the intake is off you might check to see if the cam can be moved forward / aft.

Motor is out now .now back to the builder going to have them check bottom end and oil pump and or oil pressure.I have the hughes bee hives springs, hughes shafts,rockers, eddy sp heads, need help with picking quite cam and lifters, same power 500 hp 511tor

I run a custom ground hydraulic roller cam from Indio Motor Machine and it does not make any noise. I am using Crane Hydraulic retrofit roller lifters.

well here is the answer HUGHES LIFTER COST ME 3000 thousand dollars
pulled out the retro hughes lifters and put in comp lifters now no noise DO NOT BUY HUGHES RETRO FIT LIFTERS unless you want a problems !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3000 LATER do not buy hughes retro fit lifters

Dang man what a road you went down. So I take it the oil hole was coming out of the lifter bore? Your engine builder did not catch that on assembly? The blame would 80% be on your engine builders shoulders in my book for not catching it on assembly.

Got a new video of it running?

Oil was not coming out lifter bore
lifters would not pump up when running
changing the preload change the sound of motor but did not go away first change oilpump ran still had loud lifters change lifters fixed problem, much much less preload 1/4 turn lifters vs 2 turn lifters preload

-
Back