Help I had an accident today ...

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
Somebody please tell me that the damage looks to be fixable?

From hat I could see the driver side fender, lower valance, front bumper. The core support looked bent. The head light surround.

Are you Ok? The main thing is are you OK?.....The car can be fixed....looks like hood too....Also I think there might be some damage to the rear from hitting the trees also....at the very least paint damage

Yes it's fixable are you ok? What did you hit? My son did way more damage to his 71 valiant and we fixed it! The body shop charged us $600 to pull the front frame out, it had a small tweak! I found a fender bumper etc and fixed it!

I am okay just really beating myself up right now. The car stayed flat through the entire spin on and off the road.

Are you Ok? The main thing is are you OK?.....The car can be fixed....looks like hood too....Also I think there might be some damage to the rear from hitting the trees also....at the very least paint damage

Anything is fixable and that looks easily fixable.. the main thing is did the frame survive or is it bent?

Glad your ok!:D

I could not see the frame because the lower valance shredded up towards the frame. Once we got it up on the truck the driver said the frame looked like it may have been tweeked. I disagree because the core support literally on traveled half an inch to maybe an inch back. The bumper was torn but the mounts were mostly still there. If the frame had been involved I would think radiator would have been more damaged.

Thank you guys I needed some reassurance. Really was beating myself up and feeling depressed. I had just finished painting it maybe 2 months ago. Buckets of money into the motor. I felt like everything I did was completely wasted.

It looks like the lower radiator support is drove back. There are some parts cars floating around and the parts shouldn't be crazy priced so maybe you will get lucky.

Ouch, glad you are ok! Real bummer but it can be fixed pretty easy, just gonna have to spend a few bucks. If I were to take a guess, you are looking at spending $1000-$1500 for nice used parts, those are getting tough to find, especially the center grille. I would start a "parts wanted" thread ASAP and hopefully you can score some parts cheap here on the site. If the frame is bent, have a good shop fix it, but for sure have it checked, even if it looks straight cause you just never know. Good luck and don't feel too bad, $hit happens and again, glad nobody was hurt.

Well now that you have my interest . What happened ?

It was not an exciting accident. I was driving home the road was wet and slick. I hit a slick spot lost control and spun out. Hit an embankment/tree. Rear end spun forward and the momentum brought me up to where you see in the pictures.

Ouch, glad you are ok! Real bummer but it can be fixed pretty easy, just gonna have to spend a few bucks. If I were to take a guess, you are looking at spending $1000-$1500 for nice used parts, those are getting tough to find, especially the center grille. I would start a "parts wanted" thread ASAP and hopefully you can score some parts cheap here on the site. If the frame is bent, have a good shop fix it, but for sure have it checked, even if it looks straight cause you just never know. Good luck and don't feel too bad, $hit happens and again, glad nobody was hurt.

Thank you for the great information. I need to wait to see what the insurance company is going to do. I am supposed to have coverage the will fix this.

A parts car would be a great way to go if it has the parts you need. It will also have the small parts you might need or something over looked if you buy them separately. When done, you can sell the extra stuff and get scrap price for the parted shell.

Glad you weren't hurt.

That's a sweet Barracuda. Glad it can be fixed also.

Remember to check out AMD for sheet metal also to see if they make what you need. They are also in Georgia.

That will buff out....

Sorry you crashed your car man! I do have a left fender from a 65' valiant
That is as straight and solid as you'll find. It would need the trim holes welded up to use on your barracuda. If you can use it let me know

Thank you guys for helping me out. Oklacarcollecto I have contacted the guy in Atlanta hopefully he has what I am looking for thank you for finding it I didn't have luck when I looked. cudascott I am interested let me see what the insurance company is going to do before I commit to anything.

Thank you guys for helping me out. Oklacarcollecto I have contacted the guy in Atlanta hopefully he has what I am looking for thank you for finding it I didn't have luck when I looked. cudascott I am interested let me see what the insurance company is going to do before I commit to anything.

Always glad to help where I can. You might want to search under Valiant too since they share a lot of the same parts on that front end.

So I have found a total of 3 cars.

1 just north of Georgia in SC 1200 full parts car minor rust issues

1 in North East Georgia Don't know more yet it is in a Junk Yard

1 in Gulfport 2000 major rust issue. I have not called that 1 yet but I think I can talk him down.

I feel WAAYYYY better now. Now its time to see what the insurance is going to do.

Sorry about this, I know how you feel, when it happened to me a FABO member had the parts, you might start a new thread in parts wanted.

Luckily our cars are tough, and fixable.

-
Back