Help Identify - 63 Dart??

-

69cudaownr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine's dad passed away and they have found this old photo. I believe its a 63 Dart. I figured you guys who own one will know immediately.

5179e9e4-3dc7-445d-ab66-173f74d54f6b.JPG

A friend of mine's dad passed away and they have found this old photo. I believe its a 63 Dart. I figured you guys who own one will know immediately.

View attachment 1716019792
66 for sure. Looks like a Valiant. (Canadian Dart) US Darts didn't have the emblem on the sail panel and the 273 emblem was further down behind the wheel opening.

66 for sure. Looks like a Valiant. (Canadian Dart) US Darts didn't have the emblem on the sail panel and the 273 emblem was further down behind the wheel opening.

Yessir...

This is a good resource as I was figuring out my 64 Windsor Valiant. I can't see in the image provided... Perhaps you can get more detail out of the original photo.

From the site:

Canadian Valiant wheel covers were like the American Plymouth Valiant, only with the Valiant emblem and not the Plymouth on the centre hub. The reverse this year was true for the "Valiant Signet" fender plates - ads showed them ahead of the wheel opening in the fender depressions, but production models had them between the opening and the front door. The Dart GT in 1966 had little air splits on the front fender tips with "GT" etched into them. The Canadian Signet had the windsplits, but less the "GT" etching.

The Barracuda had the Barracuda emblem on the steering wheel, rear window trim and front grille. Apparently early models had "Valiant" on the trunk, but I have only seen "Barracuda" nameplates on the trunk. The name "Plymouth", naturally, was nowhere to be seen.

Per the picture, did Canadian cars get factory headrests in '66?
Looks like a split bench with headrests to me...

...and maybe some sort of shoulder harness draped over the seat back?
Were our northern neighbors way ahead of the curve on these?

Good eye. It could have been a option but I don't see it in the US Accessory catalog or in photos on the internet.

They use to sell those headrest in JC whitney. They had 2 U springs and you would slip them on the seats. You can sort of see them in the picture

-
Back