Help identify if hurst shifter is correct one

-

skep419

5.9 Magnum 4 speed afficionado
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase this shifter. It was suppose to be used on a 72 satellite. Will it work on my dart?
1419649235_zps446cbd08.png

Thanks

Are you wondering about the handle or the shifter box itself?? What year dart? That shifter box was used for a wide span of years

Yes. It will fit Mopars, Fords, Chevys, whatever that used a Hurst shifter. The shifter bodies were the same.

I was going off Brewers site and they had different part numbers for a,b, and e bodies.

Console? If no console, I suggest getting a 71-74 B-body pistol grip non-console handle, I love it! Previous one in my car with a bench was a 69 Dart 4-speed shifter, liked the stock Hurst bench stick but the pistol grip is way more fun!

It will work, I spoke to Brewers before and they said that all shifters like RRR stated are basically all the same. $75 aint bad, hope the shims etc are in good shape.

As stated earlier, the mechanism will work on your Dart. IIRC, the A-body versions of the transmission had a shorter tailshaft until 1974 or 75. It is probable that the mounting kit for the A-body version is different from the B/E versions of the 833. The primary difference is going to be the length of the shift rods connecting the tabs on the shift mechanism to the levers on the side of the transmission.

The way to know is by the numbers on the reverse lever on the shifter. Looks like a 65 B body Mopar shifter to me. Core charge for one of those is $75.

-
Back