Help identify master cylinder

-

go-fish

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The bore is just over an inch. 1-1/64” on my digital caliper. It was in a box of parts.

Would it be for manual disc/disc? Manual disc/drum?

Thanks.

IMG_8236.jpeg

my guess yes reason being everything must have had disk by the time that style came out
i put 70 duster manual disk/drum kh on my 67 vert called for 1 inch i went 15/16 coudnt be happier
lifetime warranty auto zone 62 bucks

likely late 80's to mid 90's dakota disc/drum piece. they and some of the FWD models had a wedge shaped reservoir.

but the bore says FMJR car line. and the reservoirs are interchangeable.

ETA: a disc/drum master *may* have a RPV in the body at the outlet, so you can check and see if it has one, however a lot of systems by that time had RPV valves elsewhere in the system, often times in the distribution block. one thing is certain, it is definitively not a drum/drum master.

Last edited:
Looks exactly like a DoctorDiff set up with the adapter, same finish and everything. I believe those are 1-1/32”

Mopar Aluminum Master Cylinder Kit

That's what I was thinking because it was with the four hole/ two stud adapter.
I would like to convert to manual for a Viper/Cobra disc/disc deal (Snake Brakes!). Could this be used with my factory disc/drum in the meantime, removing the booster? The pushod attached is a manual rod. I would just keep my metering block swap to an adj. prop valve when I go rear disc?

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking because it was with the four hole/ two stud adapter.
I would like to convert to manual for a Viper/Cobra disc/disc deal (Snake Brakes!). Could this be used with my factory disc/drum in the meantime, removing the booster? The pushod attached is a manual rod. I would just keep my metering block swap to an adj. prop valve when I go rear disc?

Yes you can definitely use that set up with the factory disk/drum brakes. I run DoctorDiff’s master cylinders on my Challenger and my Duster, the Challenger is 11.75” Mopar disks with 11” rear drums and the Duster was the 13” cobra brakes with drums in the back, then Cobra/Cobra, and now Viper/Cobra.

Both of mine are 15/16”, but the 1-1/32” should work fine as well.

It looks identical to the master cylinder I've got on my '66, which came from a Dakota. Same bore size too. What are the fitting sizes? I've learned that those can vary from application to application.

Specs out like this one :

IMG_8249.png

It even has the three circles on the reservoir. 1/2 & 9/16 fittings.
Doctor Diff still beats Summit’s price if you don’t add an adapter.

IMG_8248.jpeg

-
Back