Help Identifying Car

-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
Axr8pYY.jpg

Ok the '70 Superbird is easy. In front of that is a '69 Camaro. Then a '71 Super Bee in front of the Camaro.

On the bottom is a '68 Mustang Fastback. But what is in front of the Mustang? :shruggy:

At first I was thinking something like a '70 Cuda?

the yellow car looks like a 69-70 cougar eliminator. no telling on the red car, I tried zooming in but lost the detail.

the yellow car looks like a 69-70 cougar eliminator. no telling on the red car, I tried zooming in but lost the detail.

What makes the yellow one stand out as a Cougar? This is why I thought Super Bee:

1971-Dodge-Charger_Super_Bee-317821340381558.JPG

Granted the Cougar Eliminator looks pretty similar:

1970-mercury-004.jpg

partly because the chrome bumper edge is way below the top of the wheel well , and it looks like I see a body line curving down from the front to the back. I could be wrong , but it says cougar to me.

Attachments

• elim.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 267
  • elim1.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 284
the yellow car on top looks like a challenger to me .....a cuda or cougar has a flat side and I see a body line and the roof sweep looks dodge e-body to me.

the stripe throws that off but then people put incorrect stripes on cars everyday these days so that is not a good thing to base it on.

Before reading my 1st thought on the yellow one was Cougar Eliminator also. Not sure on the one you ask about.

I have no idea what's in front of the Mustang, but just for the record, it's a 69'. :)

Yellow car on top is 100% a Cougar Eliminator. No ands ifs or buts about it.

The orange car on bottom in front of the Stang is a 69 GTO Judge. You can tell from the stripe on the top edge of the fender and if you look real close, you can see the wing.

The Stang also appears to be a BOSS 429 car. You can see a decal at the bottom of the front fender just in front of the door. That was the only Stang that had a callout engine decal there. Also, it appears to have the correct BOSS 429 hood. It is NOT flat, although it is difficult to make out which hood it is. I think it's a BOSS 429 car. Most of them came plain with no stripes or wing or louvers.

One thing's for sure. There's a lot of cool vintage muscle on that pregnant truck.

Good job guys but what's in from of the hauler itself?
A '62 Bel Aire with counter rotating props?

I see it now and that yellow car is a cougar ....I agree 100% ....it has a body line but the line is higher and more shallow than a dodge e-body.

so is Jay Leno moving some cars? Maybe these were Reggie Jackson's that made it out of the fire? Lawrence

Absolutely , the yellow one is a Cougar. The back-up light is in the quarter extention on that year .

If that picture is recent, I'm betting those cars are being transported to Arizona. It's auction time here in 2 weeks :)

-
Back