Help Kicking the Pop/soda habit?

-
i used to drink soda quite a bit. no where what your drinking though.. cold turkey is the best way.

you have to keep it out of the house and away from you at work and everywhere else. replace it with water. drink lots of water. most people don't drink near enough water. you will lose weight just by cutting out that much soda.

watch cutting all sugar out. you may get a headache and just have no energy in the first few days. may have to get some sugar in ya to help that.

Black cherry Kool-Aid, adding less sugar than directed and diluted 4:1, gives me some flavor yet not as unhealthy as sodas and much cheaper.

X2!
We even got a 2 gallon dispenser in fridge so I only have to mix once a week. With the spigot it's the easiest thing to get beverage from in fridge.
I just filter tap water through a pur filter pitcher for mixing.
:D

I'm a hard core soda/pop drinker. Usually anywhere between 6-8 12oz cans a day. Always Mountain Dew. I recently switched to Diet Mountain Dew. Hate the after taste and reading its actually worse for you. Any of you guys/gals have a soda problem that you kicked? What helped?

I've always hated the taste of diet soda, however to loose weight I tried switching. I got used to diet Siera Mist and thought that that was pretty good but I tried Cherry Doctor Pepper and I can hardly tell the difference. Maybe give that one a try. I wish you good luck, you should loose a lot of wieght as a typical 12 oz can of soda has 120 calories and if you're drinking 6 to 8 can a day that's 720 calories min.

I had a pretty bad soda habit myself. Thought I would "die" if I didn't get my morning soda..My way of kicking the habit may not be practical for you but it worked...Last September I went to Alaska on a moose hunting trip. We flew in and camped in the middle of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge , 240 miles from the closest road.. Drank nothing but water right out of the river for three meals a day for seven days...That was all it took. No more sodas for me..

When all else fails and you get really thirsty try WATER. "Best Drink, Least Advertised". I traded pop for sex. Try it, it's a win win situation.
Small Block

I used to drink a 2 liter bottle of Diet Coke every day. Decided to get back in shape and started lifting weights. I now carry a 1 gallon jug of water with me everywhere I go, and I just add a little lemon juice to give it flavor. Haven't had a soda in over two years...

I drink like 1 liter bottle every 2 days yet I'm in great shape. My BMI is 20.

I hear how its no good for you..and I believe it. I just have no reason other then that to quit, so I don't.

Well in 1982 I quit drinking beer, smoking cig. and smoking weed LOL. Talk about a rough time. But I did it and never went back to it. About 4-5 years ago the doctor told me I got type 2 diabetes. I was drinking 8 - 10 cans of pepsi a day. Now I drink 1 dew a day and I should quit that, and 2-3 cups of coffee. Well the sex thing that is nother story. :banghead:

Just wanted to update this. Well I did it. I now have maybe 1-2 per week. so far I have lost about 15lbs since January just switching. I drink mainly just plain old water and lots of it.

Just wanted to update this. Well I did it. I now have maybe 1-2 per week. so far I have lost about 15lbs since January just switching. I drink mainly just plain old water and lots of it.

Good for you. Water is the sh..t! I never drink soda, just plain ol tap water. In Sweden the tap water is great actually :) Lucky that way! Cold turky is the way to go, I got of tobacco 4 years ago cold turky, I miss it everyday though. But It was bad for my blood preassure.

good deal. amazing how fast it comes off just dropping the soda kick. soda is horrible for you. keep it up till your off soda all together. i drink 99& water these days. every once in a while i treat myself to half a soda when out to dinner.

Way to go, congrats!!! :thumblef: :hello1:

:happy1:

My wife was a Mr Pibb drinker and she always had one going :banghead: worse then drinking 2 or 4 beers a day I say....
She quit and started drinking tea about 3 years ago :cheers:
She sold her jeans and know she looks like a 20 year old babe walking :bball:
She lost at least 20lb's
I have a glass jug in the fridge full of water and it helps remove some of the chlorine that we do not need in our system :shock:
Me :D water water water, then beer beer beer and a shot of Tequila :bball:
Look up medical properties of Tequila some time, to much of anything is bad for us :thumblef: Congratulations 72ScampTramp :cheers: 15lb's lost is a good sign you know where the weight was coming from :happy1:

I will never drink water because fish f##k and sh#t in it! But seriously, my cure for my soda addiction was kidney stones! The worst pain I ever had, wanted to die. That changed my need for the satan juice.

I was about a 2 liter a day dew drinker for a year or so sucked. Sucked to quit. Ice water helped. Iced tea helped. Anything with ice in it, you get kind of acclimated to having a tongue sensation when you drink a lot of carbonated stuff, so anything to make the water "interesting" helps, ice chips, lemon, drinking it out of a bottle instead of a glass. Quitting _both_ caffeine and drinking carbonated drinks at the same time can super suck (quitting the caffeine makes me want a nap about noon, then again at four for about a week), so you might find yourself doubling down on the coffee, if you drink it.

I quit drinking soda altogether. The problem is, I've done that at least a half dozen times. Each time, I come back drinking less though. Just one sip is all it takes to get me hooked again. I don't learn. I'm reasonably healthy, but I think it's time I quit again.

Just gave up soda for lent wasn't hard but found myself not drinking anything. Had to force fee my self water with Crystal Light packets added. On easter morning had a 20 oz Mountain Dew for breakfast. Since then I have only had three sodas and i think I can keep it at bay now. Stopping cold turkey was the way to go, but it was only for 40 days.

After reading this thread, I am going to go out to the barn and chug a Mountain Dew and have a couple smokes...

We have a Reverse Osmosis system for our drinking water.....

Same here. The water from our local suppliers tastes like @$%$! I got a ROS just like the one that Costco had for around $189. When at home I have a HUGE insulated plastic water container with ice and water and constantly sip at it. I've gone from 2 - 3 sodas a day to a couple a month and don't miss them at all. Actually the sugar in soda's are too sweet for me now. I do drink a cup of coffee each day (no sugar) and a little cream.

LOL at Appalachia tooth decay, I'm positive that tooth decay was a problem in that area way before Mountain Dew soda.

-
Back