Help lower hood on Duster

-

BrianT

Here we go again...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm still sorting out the new car and one thing has got me stumped. The hood sits about a half inch higher than it should? You can push it down on the corners, but the latch needs to be lowered. I loosened the bolts and pushed the latch down as far as possible but it still sits too high. The car has been painted before so I don't know if it has an original latch or striker, but it is down all the way. Any thoughts? Thanks

6f3_rdSWLl1RN65ORnYWjjQ=w1236-h927-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

I can tell you there is a lot of adjustment from the four bolts that hold the hood on. I'm not sure about your latch, and maybe you need some kind of shimming under the fenders.

As usual, to help maybe you would consider posting a picture of what you have going on under the hood.

The rubber bumpers along the fender rail can do that as well as the hood bumpers on the 2 front corners.

Hinge adjustment is kind of counter intuitive.

IIRC raise the rear bolt in the hinge and lower the front

Thanks for some good practical advice that I will try in the morning. Here's some pics for those who need visual aid.

s5uKzu2DqRoVjidfxcEcm1w=w1236-h927-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

fiTaO8ur1spgBzktddHYArw=w1236-h927-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

I feel your pain, My hood closes just fine. but it does not fit the way I received the body shell in finished form!

The day I got the shell home and out of the trailer on body wheels, the wind raised up and pushed the hood full open and hard!

Never been the same as it was when it left the shop and need a few hands with experience to help re-adjust.

Take the front bolts in the hood hinges loose and lower them down in the hinge just a little at a time until you get it where you want it. It works best if you take the pop up spring out and also take the latch out while doing this. Adjust the hood bumper bolts up or down until it rests even at the front. It may or may not get the back of the hood out of whack while you do it. If it does, it's just a little more time getting it to all line up and then cinching the bolts down when it's right. Adjusting a hood is about like adjusting the suspension on a roundy round stock car! :BangHead: Good luck!

:thumbsup:

-
Back