Help me decide my new project car paint color

-

lee g

Reaction score
Picking up a new project car Sunday. A 72 Dart and trying to get ideas on paint colors. i have a lime green with a gold pearl (tri-stage) now. I have been thinking about about either a blue or orange. These are the ones I have been thinking about:
Here are the links:

Two orange colors I am looking at
http://shop.thecoatingstore.com/Orangelo-Pearl-Basecoat-Clearcoat-Car-Paint-Kit-PGCO432-BCCKIT.htm
http://shop.thecoatingstore.com/Sun...at-Clearcoat-Car-Paint-Kit-PGCO431-BCCKIT.htm

or the Indigo Blue
http://shop.thecoatingstore.com/Solid-Colors_c62.htm

I love the look of the pearl paints but I am currently trying to blend some spots on my lime green with pearl tri-stage. I have heard the two stage pearls are quite as difficult to blend repairs if something happens. I will be painting the entire inside of the cab and trunk and will be stripping the under coating and priming and painting the under carriage as well.

I would love some feed back on what you guys and gals think.

I am leaning towards one of the orange pearls that are 2 stage. The company is Urekem and is based in Mississippi within about a 1 hour drive for me. The rumor mills say some chemist from HOK started this company. They manufacture and will sell right at the factory location. I am going to give them a try since they are close and reasonable. My first purchase will be epoxy primer from them hopefully sometime next month.
Can't really decide also if I want the underside of the car the same color or just black.

I am leaning towards one of the orange pearls that are 2 stage. The company is Urekem and is based in Mississippi within about a 1 hour drive for me. The rumor mills say some chemist from HOK started this company. They manufacture and will sell right at the factory location. I am going to give them a try since they are close and reasonable. My first purchase will be epoxy primer from them hopefully sometime next month.
Can't really decide also if I want the underside of the car the same color or just black.

I'm leaning toward the pearl orange also. I saw Urekem online as well and wondered if was any good. I was leaning toward HOK Sunset orange but still haven't decided.... got to decide pretty quick though, getting close to done.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 331
  • side.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 344
  • Primer.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 327
... Don't hate me:

This is one of my favorite cars, 67 Chevelle in Marina Blue. I think your Dart would look great wearing Marina Blue. It's period correct, muscle car color. :cheers:

Attachments

• FF.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 573
Well i have decided on orange. Picked up the car Saturday and with information from
72BBSwinger I just ordered a set of wheels. 18x9 all the way around. I know this is not a factory look but I love the wide and low wheels and stance. I will decide on what color of orange paint when I try to make the drive to Urekem's plant and look at the colors in person. Hopefully its close to what I have in mind. I may just paint the underside of the car black and have a black and orange theme for the paint. I plan on using a tractor implement paint on the undercarriage of the car as well as all the floor boards and trunk.

Statistically, Orange is the safest color. It's the least popular color too. This limits the resale market.

excuse me, but why Chevy Marina blue, yes its pretty but whats wrong with B5 MMOPAR blue. personally I love B3 , hlight with a ssslight silver tent.
I've had 3-4 hemi orange cudas. I love the colour but not with orange interior!!! just me........

Curious if you went with the orange pearl? Im thinking of using it on my sport

-
Back