Help me decide on interior for my '66 Vert

-

1966DartConvertible

Reaction score
I know each to their own as far as "taste" is concern... but...

I saw this mustang on google and kinda like the way the red blends with the white on the body:

104201964-Ford-Mustang-Convertible-White-Red-Interior.jpg

CN2400-55.jpg

It wont be all red interior though; some sort of white-red combo like this:

1958_b17.jpg

Mine is bench yeah I know, but u get the idea.

And for the top, i like this beige/tan, it blends well with the ivory body I think, and not too striking:

33cnork.jpg

What do you think? Any comments appreciated, good or bad are welcome :)

Syed

I think 2-tone white/red in a white car would look good if done right. Find a good upholsterer that can reproduce the original style folds for your seats and you'll be set.

I think 2-tone white/red in a white car would look good if done right. Find a good upholsterer that can reproduce the original style folds for your seats and you'll be set.

Yeah forgot to mention the white on the "bolster" of the seats will be ivory/offwhite just like the car, and not plain white.

Red and white look good together but the red fades fast in the sun I did that combo in my first Honda S2000. I personaly prefer white with black and it holds up pretty well in the sun and thats the whole point of the rag top right.

Tough call, I agree the beige top like you have pictured would look handsome with the ivory paintjob, but not with a red interior. It will look strange. If you go with the beige, a coordinating cream/beige interior will look very sharp. Also if you stick to light colors, the sun won't heat up the vinyl so much and scorch the back of anyone's legs.:sunny:

Just a thought, I like how cool it stay's

Attachments

• 23333.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 104
  • i6360.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 120
  • i6365.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 91
Go with a solid white interior & top. Colors get super hot in the sun. I have a rag with a black vinyl interior & you could fry an egg on it on a sunny day, very impractical.

Go with a solid white interior & top. Colors get super hot in the sun. I have a rag with a black vinyl interior & you could fry an egg on it on a sunny day, very impractical.

This car came with black vinyl interior too :)

But yeah beige/cream combo sounds good to me...

My 67 vert will be white with white vinyl power top and the metallic red interior. Vinyl seats get hot. Lighter colors aren't quite as hot but still...
I like to keep a towel over the vinyl.
If you want something like nice cloth bucket interior, try the guts from a Lebaron vert from 80s or 90s. I'm not saying "I know it fits". I wouldn't be surprised if it does fit .

I like the white with blue interior but the red isnt bad either. White top looks best.

Here's my white on white 66 Vert. I like your choice of tan for the top too. Why not do a red/tan interior?

Attachments

• Dart 66 Vert 011 (Small).jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 79
I do like contrasting colors on the interior of a car.
I also agree that vinyl will get very hot in the sun, so I would look for someone to make cloth seat covers.
I prefer a white top although the white can be difficult to keep it looking white.
If it were my car I would have a white top with a mostly white interior and some black for contrast, the seats would have white cloth on the seating surfaces.

-
Back