Help Me Decide

-

MidTexCuda

Ancient Member
Reaction score
Kind of a race question kind of not...

I have a full race back half 68 Barracuda I have had for 20 years that I just found out had the main bores drilled incorrectly on the last rebuild causing a ring failure. Now I need new block and piston ect.
The cost to re-short block is the same wither I detune for the street of go all out again for race. I can’t decide which way to go.

My question is if you guys had it to do all over again would you build for more street/ strip or full on drag? The car is very stripped down but done very well and I know the list of parts need to street the car just need some opinions from fellow racers to push me in one direction or the other. P.S. have a new one year old and a pessimistic wife.

It's a Race Car.....and it needs a Race Engine.:poke::burnout::cheers:
What your real need to ask your self is how much time and money will you have to spend on you hobby after is built.

I'm a bit biased, but I personally think bracket racing is a snooze-fest.

Build it for street/strip, and enjoy actually driving it again.

I am with 451Cuda on this one.

I also agree with this. Build it for the street with some teeth. You need not go crazy on the build. Pump gas ratio and a sizeable cam can stil go far. Give it gear and a decent converter.... You'll be pounding the pavement easy.

-
Back