Help me find trans, brake, fuel lines 65 Valiant

-

bamacuda

Reaction score
On my 1965 Valiant Convertible, I am looking to replace the transmission cooler lines 273/904, fuel lines, and brake lines, all stainless if possible. Where do you recommend?

I replaced the trans cooler lines on my 65 Dodge Dart 273/904. Someone had cut them in the middle and added rubber hose (probably when removing the tranny). I bought a roll of tubing (5/16"D I recall) and bent my own. It took time, but was do-able. I first bent a stiff wire to use as a guide. I installed a trans cooler and bypassed the radiator, so custom tubes wouldn't have fit. I know they exist for later A's, but you might have to re-bend the curves near the radiator, since I think the early A's are a bit shorter from the trans to the radiator.

I re-used my brake lines. I took them out when painting the engine bay, cleaned them off and painted clear. I also went to a dual reservoir, so added a few lines. Investigate more. I question if stainless is OK for brake lines. It might not make a double flare without cracking.

Re fuel, see my post. I installed for future EFI (high pressure electric pump, reg, return line). Many other posts on that.

I use Canada Line and Tube they deal in pre-bent lines for all makes pretty much , they are dealers for a US company so if you google them you will probably get a link to the US company they work with , I got all new lines for my 69 barracuda including the larger fuel line in pre bent stainless and everything fit great

I highly recommend FineLines. I bought an odd ball brake line from them, they knew exactly what I wanted and got it to me quick.

-
Back