Help me out? Distributer (OSAC) Valve

-

lgarbz

Reaction score
I have a 1974 Plymouth Duster 3.7l slant six.
Today I notices a tube from my carburator had come off.
I looked the name up in the manual, theres a small pipe coming off the carburator called a distributer (OSAC) vavle.

Anyways..
The black tubing fell of the pipe and I have no clue where to put the other end of it on.

So the tube goes from the carb to somewhere else.
My question is where?

Anything helps.
Thanks

i think your describing vacume advance that would plug into the little canister on your distributor

The OSAC valve delays the change in ported vacuum to the distributor when transferring from idle to part throttle to reduce oxides of nitrogen. The OSAC valve is typically located on the air cleaner housing near the snorkle. The black tube from the carburetor is supposed to go on the fitting on the bottom of the OSAC valve. A red stripe tube is supposed to go from the OSAC to the vacuum advance on the distributor.

It is possible that the OSAC was by-passed by a tube directly from the carburetor to the distributor. If such a tube is present on your car, put a cap on the OSAC fitting on the carburetor if the car no longer needs to pass emissions testing.

There is also a hose that comes off the carb base and goes to a valve in the air cleaner that controls the heat stove flap. If you check a factory hose diagram for your model, you should be able to figure where your hose goes.

-
Back