Help me pick wheels for my 71 Demon

-

zac_F71

Reaction score
The time has come to pick wheels for my 71 Demon and can't decide which to get?

Must be 15", fronts must be 3.5"-5" wide, rears must be at least 8" wide. Has uncut 69 B body 8 3/4, and MP offset shackles/hangers/SS springs

Tires are 165/80-15 Nankang, 275/60-15 Nitto drag radial

Weld Draglite
Weld Prostar - love these
Weld R/TS
Weld Magnum 2.0 -
Ansen slots - didn't look into these yet
Cragar S/S mag - love these but rear sizes are limited

I'm open to suggestions - the car is going to be setup for drag racing but going to be street driven mainly

I'e got a set of centerlines on my 68 Bcuda ragtop that I was supposed to use, but I am now converting to bbp and they will do me no good now since they are sbp.

Ansens would be nice but they only make 15"x7" and 15"x8" new so you would have to source originals for the fronts. What about a set of 15"x4.5" and 15"x8" Keystone Klassics?

I like Draglites. I ran them on my Duster and kept them to run on the Barracuda.

Attachments

• Duster 2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 316

Attachments

• slotted mag.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 289
I can post a pic of my car if someone wants to photoshop a bunch of different wheels on it?

I already ordered front tires (165/80-15's)

Here is what I want the car to look like - (this car has discontinued Mickey Thompson wheels= can't find them for sale anyway - I have a friend that has a set)

Here is my car before I tore the front end apart..

I like Billet Specialties Street Lites.

Attachments

• IMG_0573.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 294
If I'd be goin for drag racing I think I'd get Billet Specialties' Street Lite wheels (post #15) or the wheels in post #10

I don't personally like any of those choices, BUT, I love the fact that you're not gonna stick GAWD awful 18s or something on it and ghetto it all up like some of these guys do. ....and to think they actually think it looks good. It's there car I guess and thank God.

I don't personally like any of those choices, BUT, I love the fact that you're not gonna stick GAWD awful 18s or something on it and ghetto it all up like some of these guys do. ....and to think they actually think it looks good. It's there car I guess and thank God.

X2 ON THE BIG GETTO WHEELS. I always go for lite weight that are street legal, hard to beat weld draglites,or stars!--jmo

There is a member on here with black steelies that looks saweet.
What color is your car?
I like pro stars too

images

I seen your post in the wheel/tire combo thread and LOVE IT what is your rear axle setup? - I like the Cragar/steel wheel for sure and that would be moderately cheap.

I went through all 23 pages last night of that thread and seen 3 or 4 nice setups and like 2-3 people running directional tires backwards LOL

Billet Specialties wheels are really in style right now in the late model Camaro crowd - they are nice but at just over $400 a wheel I'd rather get Weld Magnums or R/TS's

I still am torn - I have a friend that has 2 mildly bent 15x3.5" Prostars that he will sell cheap (drove on them fine) I offered $200 for them - which is the cost of 1 brand new

I found these - 15x3.5 slots BUT $700 is outrageous in my opinion - asked if he's open to offers..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-196..._Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item1e89e16276&vxp=mtr

I've got a set of pacer Drag stars 15x3.5 and 15x8. I would let you try them out if you want to make the trek south.

-
Back