help me please

-

duckbuster

Reaction score
How far does a drag like move up and down during suspension (stock) travel?

How far does a drag like move up and down during suspension (stock) travel?
DRAG LINK.......it doesn't move up and down at all. stays w/the pitman arm and idler arm..hooked to K member...outter and inner tie rod ends move up and down...measure first and then jack it up and measure... I see knowbody else chimmed in...Hope this helps

While the car is in motion? More than one thinks, but not alot on a ruler.

When sitting in the driveway? You should not be able to move it at all. Perhaps, if your a strong fella, while it is upon a stand/lift, you may be able to budge it an 1/8 inch.

This is due to the bushings or lack thereoff and your abilty to bend the pitman arm or drag arm. The length of theres pitman arms may only be a few inchs, but they can bend.

Also realize you can bend granite. No lie, you just need sensitive measureing equipment to see the super duper small amount.

I have not found anything. I want to move my motor a little close to the firewall but did not want to hit drag link It has been a long time since I worked on an A body and never done anything to suspension at all. So once again all the great members came to my rescue. Thanks Guys.

-
Back