Help - Monster Tach Dash Installation Goof - I am an idiot

-
here is how i did mine, also you know the light comes off right? used the gauge cluster screws

Attachments

• 101_4397.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 100_5225.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 158
haha! Yes, I know the light comes off. I played around with placing the tach where you have it and mounting the light above the dash. If I had to do it over again I probably mounted it there.

Well the projectile vomiting has stopped at least! Now I just loath myself!

Shatters a newbies confidence considering what I am about to do to the engine bay and thinking the tach was the simplest part of the project. At least now I know, research EVERYTHING if I have never done it before.

IF it was me, I'd make me a nice pretty base-bezel that covered up the offending holes, and/or incorprate such a cosmetic cover into a bracket that mounts it similar to the ACME piece.

Although personally, I don't care for dash-mounted tach's.

Sure miss the Rally dash out of my old 70 RR. Wish you could "get" them in an A

So I thought I could get away with making a nice bezel base to cover the holes and just use longer screws to hit the metal. Was able to get in through the glove compartment to check it out. Unfortunately the 3 inches between metal back of dash and front is all foam and that is where I drilled the holes.

So bracket is the only solution now. Need one that will hide the holes. I am going repair them first as best I can.

They all can be taken out as a unit. replace the notched ash tray and you would never know they were there. I put a piece of a dash cap on the dash so the tach wouldn't mark the pad. The two dash custer screws hold them up and the tach resting on the pad holds them from dropping All wires go through the cigarette lighter hole. Ash tray is still usable for roaches. and beer tabs or caps.

As Stated before this car was built to drive/race on the street.

Attachments

• DSCF0146.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCF2823.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCF2825.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCF2824.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 117
-
Back