HELP my car is acting funny

-

73Scamp

Reaction score
last night i was driving my car and it started revving up on its own and not shifting properly when i go to slow down i press the brake and it still wants to keep going cause the engine is acting like i'm still pressing the gas when i shift into neutral the engine rev's up to about 4000 rpm for about 5-10 seconds then it kicks down and idles what the hell is causing this

hmm....my car was doing that a while back and i was like what the heck, i popped the hood and one of the screws in my trottle assembly on my carb came out and whenever i hit the gas itd be ok but after i left off the throttle would get stuck wide open. Maybe that will help, im not sure.

You can also take a peek in the distributor..maybe a spring or two have broken, and the weights are just swinging around in there. It shouldnt make it rev that high, but if the linkages are OK, it's a thought. Also, make sure the carb bolts are snug.

figured it out later that day turns out my carb had the same problem as me. it had a loose screw oh well at least it didn't cost me any money

-
Back