Help need advice...would u buys these?

-
Good price if the car doesn't see much street driving. I'm not a fan of their aluminum hubs and today's road might be too much stress. I would pick up the 73-6 disc set up and they can be had for about the same price (give/take)

roger that, only thing I hate about 73-76 is I gotta collect that crap. cant afford to get a parts car (no place for it) and its slim pickings out here in CA. i need someone to just sell everything i ned and nothing i dnt haha

I would buy them pretty quick, they won't last long. That looks like the light weight drag race set up. I would run them on the street over the 9" drum any day. The 73+ disc brakes would probably be better for heavy duty street use.

I would buy them pretty quick, they won't last long. That looks like the light weight drag race set up. I would run them on the street over the 9" drum any day. The 73+ disc brakes would probably be better for heavy duty street use.

considering how much the a body disc brake weighs i would never use them... i'll be going to wilwoods on the 68 and something like vipers on the 73

I'd run them in a heart beat beat. And if you don't care for the rotor hubs, a 73-up disk would fit I think

my car will be a DD when done. weight isn't something im terribly concerned about. i just want the damn thing to stop when i press the brakes hahah

Great price. I think the new kit is ~$750. The are missing dust shields, but that kit may come that way (check website). If they say "not for street use", it is because the caliper pistons don't have dust shields, which is a minor concern. You might be able to wrap them with self-fusing silicone tape to form your own. I haven't read of any aluminum hubs failing, and nice to lower the sprung weight. You do know you will have to change your rear to the 4.5" bolt circle (BBP), or else carry 2 spare tires, and at least buy 2 BBP front wheels.

Great price. I think the new kit is ~$750. The are missing dust shields, but that kit may come that way (check website). If they say "not for street use", it is because the caliper pistons don't have dust shields, which is a minor concern. You might be able to wrap them with self-fusing silicone tape to form your own. I haven't read of any aluminum hubs failing, and nice to lower the sprung weight. You do know you will have to change your rear to the 4.5" bolt circle (BBP), or else carry 2 spare tires, and at least buy 2 BBP front wheels.

no shields with these

-
Back