Help needed: Brackets/pulleys/misc

-

demon322

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Trying to get a list together of all the things I will need for the front of the motor. It's a '78 360 that was donated to me for my 71 Demon. It didn't come with any pulleys or brackets other than the crank pulley. Pictured is the alternator from the old /6. What all brackets, pulleys, bolts and spacers will I need to get this thing put together? I can take more pics of anything if it will help.

P.S. I know shes not much to look at, but the price was right. Unfortunately there are some leaks in the shop roof I didn't notice in time-got some rust now.

dmnmtr 1008.jpg

dmnmtr 1001.jpg

dmnmtr 1003.jpg

The p/s pump and brackets I have. Not sure if they are correct.

dmnmtr 1017.jpg

dmnmtr 1020.jpg

bump for the day shift. I know shes ugly guys but it was a serious question. :-D

All small blocks from 70-up should have the right pulleys for you at a junkyard. Then you can get the correct amount of grooves you need. Looks like you have the brackets(alt, ps).

Wish I could help. I dont have a 360 of any year model. Fan pulleys vary for the different water pump lengths. Power steering pumps, brackets, and pulleys vary also. Salvage yard might be your best source. Good luck

Thanks for the replies. I don't have a salvage yard close by so I have to look into other options and use that as a last resort.

I think the current alternator bracket I have won't work. It seems like I need one that doesnt go back behind the alternator. I found this kit http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/albrac1970up.html maybe that is what I need. I hate to spend $40 on it because I already have the small triangle bracket, but it may be my best bet.

Thanks for the p/s pump info. I'll have to wait till I get home to check out those pics. They won't load here at work for some reason.

Thanks so far guys!

Ok I got home and checked the rest of the pics. That p/s setup looks alot like mine. Maybe I've got everything I need there. I guess I should go ahead and buy a new alternator bracket set. If all that works then I will just need to see if my fan pulley works or if I need a different one and I should be set. Your thoughts?

hi the problem i had was the power stearing pump output hose(67 cuda)same pump as your pitcher. Their was,nt clearance. I ended up using the outher stile pump and mounting bracket from a 67.I dont no what brand the pumps are but that was my experience. I needed a reservore cap and never did find one. wound up haveing to make one. good luck.

-
Back