help needed ?

-
I've used 340/360 exhaust manifolds on 318 heads numerous times, no issues. Don't know what his advertisement is talk'n about

Okay like I said I'm not too shy to admit something here thank you guys for checking my dysfunctional thinking

Don't get it either. Have a 1983 318 in my 52 coupe using 360 manifolds with no adaptor. Been driving it for 4 years with no problem.

The exhaust ports on the older 318 heads are much smaller than the magnum (360 and later 318) heads. I guess these "adapters" make the 360 manifolds seal better. Yes you can put the 360 manifolds on an older 318 head but if you don't align them just right they could leak. In the pic below you see the 318 gasket (blue marker) and the 360 gasket. :

DSC01769.JPG

If you overlap the 360 gasket on top of the 318 gasket you can clearly see that the 360 gasket and manifold could possibly exceed the port size of the 318 exhaust post. In the bottom left and right corners you can see daylight:

DSC01770.JPG

Treblig

I'm sorry what I see is one cheap AutoZone generic header gasket burnout and one not.?

I'm sorry what I see is one cheap AutoZone generic header gasket burnout and one not.?
LOL......... believe your eyes.... :D
I can't count the times I've run the 340/360 manifolds on 318's, never a leak. I mean, think about it, all the headers are NOT 318 port size, but rather 340/360 port size. Yet, folks pile 'em on 318's all the time, no issues, and that includes me more than once!

Yeah I got to make sure because the guy's been posting this for months and now has added this adapter word two the whole thing I don't know I just like to make sure I'm not as crazy as I think I am...
You know like did you see that?

I've also heard of many member having success with the 360 manifolds but when I put them on my '69 Barracuda (318 engine installed) it looked like they might leak so I put 302 heads on the car. Since the 302s have the larger ports it worked out perfect. I know that it's been done before just never done it myself.

treblig

-
Back