Help on 69 Cuda front end

-

cudatom

cudatom
Reaction score
Header panel help...my 69 cuda has a manual hood release on it but my 69 grill will not fit on due to the hood release. I believe the header I have may be for a 67 or 68 and not a 69. Anyone have a 69 that can send a photo to show me how the hood release looks. How does it open? Please send to [email protected] Thanks Tom

The shape of the grill on 67 & 68 is differnt from 69. Your 69 grills will not even fit into the opening on the header panel if it were 67/68.

Yeah I wondered about that too! The grill and surrounds fit into the header panel pretty good. The holes line up etc but it will not go in on the driver side due to the hood release. I wonder if that piece is from a different year car. Again a picture or someone that can explain how the hood release looks would help. The car will be getting painted soon so if I have to swap parts I need to do it now! Thanks for the help! Tom

The 67/68 header panel is flat across the top. The 69 header bulges up at the hood centerline about an inch and a half or so.
Hope that helps.
Rod

What I need is a close up of a 69 front end and inside the front end to see how/ where the hood release is setup on the 69. Ant help would be great. Thanks

Well it is late and dark. Here are a couple shots from my 69. Let me know if you need a better angle or what. I can take more tom. in the light if you need. Let me know

OOPS! Did I mention the beers??

MVC-020S.JPG

MVC-021S.JPG

MVC-022S.JPG

MVC-023S.JPG

On my 67, I have to pivot the hood release arm to install the grill bezel on the drivers side.
Maybe you just have to move the armature to get the grill in.

-
Back