Help on shipping a vehicle from overseas.

-
I have not personally imported a car from overseas, but perhaps if you start with a customs broker who specializes in overseas importing they might be able to suggest a shipper. Either way, I think its going to be a spendy process.

Is it a US car or European?

I may be able to reach out to some old friends that did it from Germany.

Back in the day, if the car was 25 years or older we didn’t have to worry about retrofitting A bunch of crap on it.

It might, haha! The price is pretty right for me and it is a very low mileage well maintained vehicle. Perfect for a company shop truck, so I was trying to see what a total may cost and figure out a way.

The price is pretty right for me.

even with the conversion rate?

makes me wonder why they are selling it?
other then 12 dollars per gallon, the fact that it takes up 2 of their regular parking spots and it probably doesnt fit in their garage anyway

Just asked my friend who's in shipping. $4,000+ for a full size truck from central Europe to the Midwest. That number does not include taxes, customs, or other fees. Plus being a newer vehicle it has to meet US emissions, mileage, and safety standards. Also it may be tuned to run on different fuel.

Okay, thanks guys. I was thinking around $3000.00 min for shipping and it looks like I’m way off. I’ll still want to get an exact cost, but it may be much better to pass it up.

Passcamp, how would I go about getting figures for the rest of the associated fees and stuff? We had originally wanted to fly out to New York and drive it back. We are road trip kind of guys and though it would be fun.

Diymirage, you’re pretty much on target. To expensive and to big. The new vehicle they are buying supposedly tows better and does all the stuff they want with better mileage. I just have a hard time passing it up. $1500.00 for my cost, plus all the charges and stuff to get it here.

Just call any of the companies online that do international car transport. They can give you an accurate rate and they pretty much handle all the details. Customs, ect is all handled at the ports. Most likely it would arrive in NJ. Newark is where you would fly into. The truck would probably be within 10 miles from the airport.

I know my dad would love that truck, at that price...but I bet he would end up spending 200 on road taxes a month, easy

-
Back