help. One last mod I need to do...transgo 2 shift kit...

-

mopardude318

Reaction score
hello. how do you guys perform this mod? do u have a shop do it? a guy with a lathe? should i send it to a tranny shop, like cope or other? maybe contact trangsgo and see if they have one already made? ? i have a couple machinist friends say theyd have to make up a tool to hold it, and then machine, and saids its too much work for them....so, what do u guys think??

downsized_0414112012.jpg

0414112013.jpg

0414112015.jpg

Obviously the finished piece is absolutely non-critical, just look at the "slop" in the dimensions. If I was doing this, I'd either use a grinder just like they suggest, or I'd take a scrap soda can (soft aluminum!!) and cut a strip long enough to wrap the small end about 2x, then just chuck it in the lathe and turn it down.

umm, is this a 727?? I have a shift kit in mine and I didn't have to modify that part, and my 1st to 2nd shift will tear your head off, I am not sure I would modify that part, up to you.

The shift command mod is optional. I have never done one yet. If I read the instructions right it is so you can downshift to 1st gear at any speed. I personally see no need to downshift to 1st gear at 100 mph as I don't like shoveling up my engine parts off the pavement.

............Modifying that valve is only for getting manual low at absolutely any speed...is that what u want...kim............

I skipped that mod on the few I have done. When I read it and thought about I couldn't help but remember the time my buddy accidentally dumped my Charger in low when we where going down the freeway. The guy I bought the car from had the trans. built for race and it had the shift command. Can't think of any reason for it other than making your passenger crap there pants.

Yup, I'd skip that step too unless you have the need for first gear at 80 MPH. I just finished up with the TF-2 myself. Can't wait to switch it out with the stock valve body in there now.

I also skipped this step when I put mine in, the option of downshifting to first at any speed sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Maybe its good for road racing or something.

well, soon as i posted this thread i forgot about another friend who has a lathe...we machined this piece in 20 minutes, no problem. came out beautiful. i thought it would be a cool mod to have, not like i would shift from 100 to first, come on now.. i have a turbo action scs floor shifter so itd be a little harder to do than with a stock column shift...but since most of u say skip it, too late..lol ill let you know how it works out for me....hey, i could always change it, drop the pan and put another one in from a diff. tranny. :)

0415112304.jpg

-
Back