Help opinion's needed!!!

-

kdog

Reaction score
I'm looking for some information. I want to change over my intake and am trying to decide on what would be the best 4bbl set up to use and what is most compatable with my stock linkage I have a 68 Cuda with a 904 trany Thanks K-DOG

If you're still using the stock exhaust manifold, the Offy would be the one as the Clifford doesn't have any provisions to mate with a stock exhaust manifold. If headers, wouldn't matter but I'd probably still go with the Offy.

EDIT: Neither the Offy nor the Clifford mates to your stock throttle /kickdown linkage. You'll have to do some fab work but it's not that big a deal

Ok if I use a Offy from ebay what's the advantage to a long runner vs the shorter manifolds and also what is a good carb to use Donnie

Ok if I use a Offy from ebay what's the advantage to a long runner vs the shorter manifolds

Not sure what you mean here. Offy's are basically a short runner manifold - similar in size to to a stock 1 barrel or stock 2 barrel. Long runner manifolds include the Aussie manifold and original and reproduction Hyperpaks.

and also what is a good carb to use Donnie

For the street, the 390 Holley seems to be the one everyone uses. With a properly build slant for racing, a 600 I've seen mentioned.

Tunnel ram and two 1250 Dominators.

I have run them both,, offy and clifford running 500 and 600 Edelbrocks.Nothing wrong with Holley, I just like the AFB.For a basic stock 225 stick to the smaller carb sizes.For me I found no difference between the 2 intakes as far as a performance advantage.Yes you will have to do some modifying of the linkage/cable to make the swap.Both engines were mated to manual shift so you won't see any kickdown linkage.Both use a top plate that bolts to the manifold.In the photos one faces foward,one mounts the carb sideways.Again not much if any performance difference.If you buy used make sure the plate is with the manifold just to save you the headache of finding another part.

Attachments

• IMG_0435.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_1932.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1933.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 186
Also wanted to say that the Offy is available new from Summit.Clifford is a bit difficult to buy from sometimes.

Hey Darter - quick questions for you. 1. Looks like your car is an early A? 2. What is the brand of headers in the first 2 pics? The last pic they look like Clifford shorties. Thanks.

65 Dartman, First photo is a 67 Dart with Direct Connection 6 into 1.Hard to find now.Yep last photo are Cliffords shortys in A 64 Dart

65 Dartman, First photo is a 67 Dart with Direct Connection 6 into 1.Hard to find now.Yep last photo are Cliffords shortys in A 64 Dart

Interesting! I figured the car was an early A as I didn't see any wiper motor on the firewall. I had a NOS Direct Connection/JR header 6 into 1 I sold at last year's Mopar Nationals. I have a Clifford shortie I'd like to try and fit into an early A with PS - I understand the PS box interferes with the number 1 tube. I'd like to see exactly how much and could the tube be modified

I appreicate all the feed back so far I did manage to score that 4bbl manifold off e-bay so now to look into that holly 390 is there a certain things I need to know because I saw one on e-bay for $165 from a guy in oragon Donnie

A fellow by the name of Mike Jeffrey recommends running a 2 inch spacer on the offy if you can make it fit. Says the carb sits too low to the plenum floor and that the space improves it greatly. Just figured I'd pass it along...

Yeah, but like a *** I sold both cars and now I'm slantless..........For now.......

The 390 Holley,, the only thing you will need is the adapter(from Holley) for the throttle linkage to hook up.Lokar makes a kickdown kit for under $100.Bouchillon Performance makes a real nice one for about $130ish.Both work well.Or if you are real good at fabrication you can make the hard linkage work.

I want to thank you all for the great amount of info I needed to choose and it is a Aussie manifold with a 390 carb Thanks again K-DOG

Very happy with my /6 in the A100. Copied Steve Magante's recipe for a hyperpak engine. I had to use a Clifford intake because a hyperpak intake would have to sit on my lap otherwise. The Weber carb really wakes it up too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-21-19-02-38-1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 111
-
Back