help picking mono-leafs

-

daves 72 dart

Reaction score
i need help picking what ride hight mono -leafs to order.if you guys have any pics of your swingers with 1 inch over and stock hight monos that would help.when i called to order them thay said thay need to know what my swinger weighs.i dont have a clue what thay weigh and i cant take it to a scale because i dont have the engine and trany in.i want to get all the parts before i put it all together.so if you guys can tell me what weight and ride hight leafs to get please put in your 2 cents.thanks

If you want to know what it weighs, you're going to post the pertinent information about the car because a stripper slant 6 car with a 3-speed manual transmission and a 7 1/4" rear, and equipped with a single exhaust will weigh considerably less than a 340 hooked to a 727, or cast-iron 4-speed, an 8.75" rear and power steering, air, and power brakes.

You're looking at a difference of several hundred pounds between those two.

Nobody can help you 'til you tell us what kind of parts the car has on it.

thanks for the help.the swinger will have a 340,727 trany and a 8.75 rear.there is no power steering,air or power brakes. yes i do need to know the weight and ied like to see picks of swingers with 1 inch over stock and stock leafs. this will be a weakend driver it will see more track time then street time.

I had a '69 340 GTS (bucket seats... heavy) 727, power steering and brakes, and it weighed right at 3,500 pounds. You car will be lighter by probably 200+ pounds... I'd guess 3,250, give or take a few...

I don't think it will be far from that.

-
Back