Help Pressing Bushings for Upper Control Arms

-

bisblue

Reaction score
Hey folks just double checking something. I've removed the torsion bars, upper and lower control arms etc.. to replace all the bushings. With the upper control arm bushings I've pressed them into the arm, but I also need to press the thrust(?) washers onto the ends of the bushings correct?

I tested the fit without them and it was tight with just the one thrust washer on. Just wanted to double check before I really wreck something. I tried searching but didn't find any good how to's with pictures.

Photo has a single thrust washer on one side. Any tips other than using the bearing press to get both on, I'm assuming this will make them fit better, by pressing them tighter.
Thanks in advance,
Adam
IMG_20181225_160438155.jpg

Get some 3/8 treaded rod and make a jack screw setup
I've got a small bearing press set from the auto store and a free standing 6 ton bearing press. I just wanted to make sure I need to press the thrust washers onto both sides.

Eveneven if I press these thrust washers they don't seem to stay on and in order to get the a arm to sit and it's brackets I have 2 hammerdin at which point one side always comes off
IMG_20181226_114844092.jpg
IMG_20181226_110305989.jpg

-
Back