Help!!!rare airbreather.. 1971 340 a bodie!!!

-

JUSTMOPARS

Reaction score
OK MOPAR GUYS. Ive got a super rare!!! 1971 one month only 340 open aircleaner. came factory on my buddys 340 demon . ive only seen one other one like it. which is in the pics im going to sell here .but these breathers do not have part numbers on them. but some one has pics or some kind of documentation on this can you help??? thanks Aaron

Attachments

• dodge truck pics 121.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 485
  • dodge truck pics 126.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 509
Never heard of this before, the lid looks like has been cut, I cut the top just like that one time and it looked identical. Infact, I think i remember this very same air cleaner for sale on this site before......

Got any factory documentation or early pics of it on the car? As far as part numbers go I don't think many Mopar air cleaners ever had part numbers.

There were some Mr. Norm Demons that came with Ford air cleaners on them, but I don't think that is one of them.

OK MOPAR GUYS. Ive got a super rare!!! 1971 one month only 340 open aircleaner. came factory on my buddys 340 demon . ive only seen one other one like it. which is in the pics im going to sell here .but these breathers do not have part numbers on them. but some one has pics or some kind of documentation on this can you help??? thanks Aaron

What month??? lol

I have cut lots of them up to look like that...I think someone is pulling your leg....

I doubt you'll ever find ANYTHING that supports the claim.

70-71 340 non AG A-B-E bodies ALL used the same air cleaner. Ain't NO WAY the penny pinchers would source an entirely different assembly for a one month run.

The BS flag is at full mast on this one!

I think his question is do anyone have some kind of documentation on this.The answer is No. It is not rare,it was home made and worth about $20.00.That's why there is no part numbers. I agree someone is pulling your leg. Mark

Looks like your average open element air cleaner painted black to be. Ive taken chrome ones and painted them black in the past and the are the right size for a pie tin.

Attachments

• 1219.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 339
So it's gone from a 4 month run to 1 month...

-------------------------------
Ive got a 1971 only jan-to april .340 aircleaner .this is a factory aircleaner. 400.00 obo
-------------------------------

1970-1971 340's had single and dual snorkel air cleaners, set up for A/C and heat stoves, when applicable.

Even my dual snorkel with heat stove trap doors only has a patent number on the vacuum trap door setup, which is the same patent on ALL of the trap door air cleaners, 2 and 4 bbl alike.

This is a GM air cleaner base.

Actually it was a one day run, It was the one day after lunch when everyone was getting stoned and they were F**** everything up! Definitely rare!

And it's your first post......:banghead:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 194
-
Back