HELP - rear axle brake lines

-

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Hello folks, I hope someone can help. I am in the process of swapping an 8.75 A Body rear in my '75 Scamp to replace the 7.25 rear. I just ordered my axles from doctor Diff, have a 3.55 carrier, and I will be using the current 10" drums backing plates on the 7.25 - they are big bolt pattern.
My question is...Which rear axle brake lines should I order?

I was told that this 8.75 housing I have was out of a '68 Dart. If this helps, it has 4 bendable tabs on the housing to secure the lines, and the brass block is the "L" shaped one. However, for '68, "Fine Lines" catalog shows a different brass junction that mounts on the housing. H E L P!

You could bend your own lines. Does your brass block thread onto the rear brake hose or is it part of the rear brake hose?

For $25 I'd rather buy a pre-bent set than make my own.
The rear brake hose "T", really an "L" is not part of the hose. The hose threads into it. (this "L" is held onto the housing by the vent screw).

Anybody else have some input?

I could be wrong but I think they are all the same where the rubber line meets the body. I would probably buy whats correct for the 8.75 housing including the rubber line.

-
Back