Help removing radio antenna

-

Mexmarine

Reaction score
Has anyone removed the radio antenna and covered the hole where it use to be? I’d be grateful if ya’ll would post some pictures to see how it turned out.

Use a washer & a screw.

ant del 1.JPG

ant del 2.JPG

ant del 3.JPG

Very cool Alaskan_TA. I should have been more specific. I just got my car painted and I was trying to fit a cover on it. The cover has no hole for the antenna and I don’t need the antenna ( I have a bluetooth amp in the trunk) I was hoping to get some ideas for that situation. Maybe there’s some kind of chrome circular gadget I could screw on it.

you can unscrew the antenna from the base on a 71 dart. thats what i did to put a car cover on mine

I would definitely check the dimensions first.. They claim they can make any size plug/ cap.

I cut a damn hole in my car cover

Jeff
Me too. I would leave the antenna on the car whether you use it or not, unscrew the mast if you can, or cut a hole in your cover for the mast. I wouldn't want to plug the hole now with fresh paint and all.

Most people I know just unscrew the mast from the base & store it in the trunk before the cover goes on.

It makes putting the cover on easier with the mast out of the way too.

Just leave it finger tight so there is no need for a wrench.

-
Back