Help Ring gap

-

KB9GIB

Reaction score
Need advice, 340 motor been bored.20over KB pistons just a street car what would you guys that are motor builders (Gap the rings) car will be fuel injected. Thanks in advance KB9GIB

KB pistons require a specific gap, I'd recommend you follow there installation instructions. 65'

KB pistons require a specific gap, I'd recommend you follow there installation instructions. 65'
Ok thanks, I checked the instructions they show .0065 for street. and show .0080 for street@towing. Times the bore for gap. Just thought I just ask for reference. Thanks for your reply KB9GIB

No problem, good luck with your build! I'm currently mocking up a 340/904 for my 40 Plymouth Business Coupe. 65'
20200624_204708.jpg

Do not run on the tight side of the spec. or you will have overheat issues. I had to take my engine apart because of that. I set mine up on the .065x4.04 spec the first time, and every time I shut the engine off, I had to wait 20 minutes minimum until the starter could crank it over again.
I opened her up to the .08per inch of bore, and that was the end of it. Still made awesome power.

Thanks for that information I will use the looser ring gap. Thanks again KB9GIB

-
Back