Help - Single to dual exhaust tailpipe bracket location

-

KindredSpirit

Reaction score
I am converting from single to factory stock style dual exhaust on my 1971 Swinger. It's got a 340 with the stock exhaust manifolds. I bought the complete Accurate Exhaust system from head pipes to tips and I could use help locating the passenger side tailpipe bracket that sits above the axle housing near the rear seat belt bolt. Since my car started life as a six I only have the factory bracket on the driver side. I know the best solution would be to install the pipes and then locate the bracket but I've got the entire drive train out of the car. Could anyone with a factory dual exhaust Swinger or equivalent A-Body post a picture of where the right side bracket is mounted? Thanks in advance.

If I remember, the bracket you are looking for is the muffler hanger bracket? It is on the forward side of the hump, by the back seat brace and the seat belt bolts go. Then the other bracket is near the rear fender for the tail pipes.

Maybe other can help with pictures.

Even with a /6 you should have one side, were the muffler is, that has the hole. All Darts have the muffler in the same position. Just ahead of the axle, then the loop over the axle, of the tail pipe to the rear bumper.

There is a brace, right side in the picture, that is accessed from inside the trunk to add strength to the bracket. I just took this out of a 69 Dart GTS. As doug371 said, the dimples are there for the correct location. This is for sale if you need it.

DSCN4226.JPG

-
Back