help to id build sheet....................

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
i am trying to find out if my car had either the white with grey insert interior or black interior?
i have the build sheet in front of me, but i cant get a good picture of it to post. where do i look on this thing?

is there somewhere on the build sheet that would say what size gears came in the rear?

it says body paint style is yo1, but body paint is fy1????????

Yea, the make, model and year would be a big help. Then we could get down to the finer points of the sheet. Geof

here is the pic of the seats we were talking about

70 4 speed project.jpg

oh, yea. it would help. it is a 70 340 4-speed duster

oh, yea. it would help. it is a 70 340 4-speed duster

You want me to make you cry? I bought a 1970 Tor Red 340 4sd Duster with red interior and a bench seat brand new in 1971 for, are you ready -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------$2805.00

are these the right front seats for my car????????????

2nd line on broadcast sheet about 1/2 way over there should be a code for Trim code.

That should also appear on the fender tag, second row from bottom right after the paint codes which are listed first.

ex

FY1 H6X9

The H6X9 is the trim code. Get the same four corresponding codes and you're in.

Those are not the correct seats for a 70 Duster. Correct frames maybe, seat covers, NO WAY!

Here's a great reference for the interior codes.
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/1970ColorAndTrimPlymouth-05.shtml

2nd line on broadcast sheet about 1/2 way over there should be a code for Trim code.

That should also appear on the fender tag, second row from bottom right after the paint codes which are listed first.

ex

FY1 H6X9

The H6X9 is the trim code. Get the same four corresponding codes and you're in.

Those are not the correct seats for a 70 Duster. Correct frames maybe, seat covers, NO WAY!

Here's a great reference for the interior codes.
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/1970ColorAndTrimPlymouth-05.shtml

if you could explain why they are not correct.
cause my rear seat is original, and has the same cloth design on it........????????? here is a pic of it

70 4 speed project 011.jpg

what does it mean, white/black???????????????????????

the reason i ask is because i took the build sheet out of the rear seat that i posted a picture of, and exactly how the build sheet was pinched by the springs was the only marks in it. it did not look like the build sheet was moved from one seat to another.

the reason i ask is because i took the build sheet out of the rear seat that i posted a picture of, and exactly how the build sheet was pinched by the springs was the only marks in it. it did not look like the build sheet was moved from one seat to another.

No it is safer to assume that the seat covers were change over the years, hell it's 40 years old.

so then what type of car did this interior come out of?
or are these seat covers?????????????????

I don't know. Could be Joe Blows interior shop that did it some time ago. I bought a 68 GTS dart that some one installed Toyota bucket seats in ,threw the original buckets away and had the rear seat recovered using the GTS seat emblems. Oh by the way it was done in grey voleur! Anybody interested in them? I didn't think so. YUCK

The back seat, I have never seen that combo. I presume it has been recovered. The fronts are either recovered or a seat cover. They should have the hard plastic back on them.

Grant

Open this link....
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/colorAndTrim/1970/70_Valiant_Duster0010.jpg

You will notice a white seat with a color code of L6XW with an asterix (*) next to it.

If you look at the very bottom of the page , you will notice an asterick.

" Second Color On Carpet, Instrument Panel, Steering Wheel And Headliner "

It means that the seats were supposed to be white with black carpet, dash, steering wheel and headliner.

Sometimes ya gotta sweat the details.

-
Back