Help, Wheel vintique 61 series Chrysler rallye question.

-

LittleSlantSwinger

Reaction score
Hey everyone, i tried asking about this in a different thread didnt het too much help though. But im thinking about purchasing wheel vintique 61 series Chrysler rallye 5x4, 14x6, with 4 inch backspace for my front disc conversion. The conversion kit states a 13.25 in. Inside diameter but i cant find that measurement for the vintiqe wheel i want. Stock rims dont clear the calipers. Any help would be awsome thank you!

Cool car...welcome to the site....probably not..but somebody knows for shure...that's why this site is priceless...good luck

I measured a stock set of 14's, 5x4, they are 13". I also have a set of 15x8 5x4 61's from wheel vintique, they measure 14". On both rims I measured the diameter at the mounting surface where the "Rallye" pattern welds to the rim, both are at 12".

My 14 x 6 Ansen aluminum slots allow the factory 4 piston caliper, small bolt pattern disc brakes to fit fine. I've not measured the inside diameter, though. They FIT and that's all that counts to me. Since the early cars came with 14s and disc brakes, I would assume they will fit, but also, since you have not disclosed WHICH disc brakes you are talking about, there's no way possible for us to know. Especially me. Reading minds used to be my forte around here. I had this super nice crystal ball, but the cats knocked it off the table and broke it.

Aftermarket conversions are notorious for not working with 14" wheels.

Factory 10" brakes do work, even much later years.

Hey guys sorry i didnt say anything back. But i said screw it and ordered the 14x6 5x4 wheel vintique rallye. And low and behold they clear the caliper! For anyone who was wondering what conversion kit i used it was a 66-74 manual disc brake conversion kit from a site called pirate jack. But the brand of the parts in the kit are mbm.
20220609_182559.jpg
20220609_182728.jpg

Cool car...welcome to the site....probably not..but somebody knows for shure...that's why this site is priceless...good luck

I would buy 15" they will be easier to get tires for in the near future.

I measured a stock set of 14's, 5x4, they are 13". I also have a set of 15x8 5x4 61's from wheel vintique, they measure 14". On both rims I measured the diameter at the mounting surface where the "Rallye" pattern welds to the rim, both are at 12".

My 14 x 6 Ansen aluminum slots allow the factory 4 piston caliper, small bolt pattern disc brakes to fit fine. I've not measured the inside diameter, though. They FIT and that's all that counts to me. Since the early cars came with 14s and disc brakes, I would assume they will fit, but also, since you have not disclosed WHICH disc brakes you are talking about, there's no way possible for us to know. Especially me. Reading minds used to be my forte around here. I had this super nice crystal ball, but the cats knocked it off the table and broke it.

Last time I looked at Vintiques catalog, just about every product was "OUT OF STOCK". :(

Aftermarket conversions are notorious for not working with 14" wheels.

Factory 10" brakes do work, even much later years.
hope this thread helps others in the future. I want to thank everyone who took time to reply to my question. And also here are pictures to prove they worked.

16548217747164432631861528687577.jpg

Very cool! Thanks for reporting back. Most people do not. Glad it worked out for you.

-
Back