Help with 1971 Dodge Demon Hood Decal

-

Joshes

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wonderif anyone can help me obtaining measurement for the hood decal (see pics) which is now is getting hard to source.

Or perhaps anyone knows people who does this kind of decals?

Many thanks,
Josh

HOOD.jpg

Your scoop is very popular on a bodys. Someone told me that the demon was the only car it came on from the factory, can someone tell us if this is correct? Walt:toothy7:

Your scoop is very popular on a bodys. Someone told me that the demon was the only car it came on from the factory, can someone tell us if this is correct? Walt:toothy7:
1971 came with the dual snorkels while the one in the picture above is from a 1972 or it is something that was added onto the hood as this may actually be a 1972 hood.

I believe the 73 Dart Sport 340 was also optionally equipped with this scoop but as far as I know, no Plymouth was ever built with one.

The decal package was called the "Sizzler".........it's available, or you could have your shop tape it off for paint.........

Using the decals with the scoop is touchy, since you'll need to match the paint to the vinyl......You'll need to use flattening agent in the clearcoat (over top of the black base), and shoot for an eggshell finish to match a gloss vinyl.........flat vinyl will need more flattening agent in the clearcoat.

Tricky, but it's done everyday. Good Luck.

-
Back