Help with 413 Build please

-
My Stingray's light the slicks are startin' to spin
But the 413's really diggen in

Love the 413's as well. I have a 65 413 complete out of an Imperial. Not sure what I am going to do with it, but holds a lot of mystique for me.

I was a 16 year old kid working at a "service station" and an older guy who worked at the local Ingersoll Rand took the Saturday all night shift at the station to pick up some extra cash. He had a black on black, 2 door post, 4 spd, 413, dual-quad, solid lifter Dodge Dart. I will never forget that car and the sound of the exhaust, the solid lifters and the lope of the cam. No doubt why I bought my 413 when it became available.

I was told the blocks were thick as hell. this was because they were built for use in bread trucks and such.

I had a 426 wedge bored .070 back in the day to take stock 440 pistons. The machinest said the same thing, block was plenty thick. I built it, dropped it in a '67 Barracuda. That thing kept breaking u-joints. Nastiest car I ever owned!

The Venerable Golden Lion, which is what my 413 says on the valve covers. I also have a video clip of a 62 Plymouth Max Wedge clone a friend built for a customer. If I can find it, I will post it.
BTW, cool cars always put a smile on my grandson's face.

Attachments

• 1346346069042_imagejpeg952.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 240
  • 1346345939642_imagejpeg952.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 230
-
Back