Help with a Ford

-

Lomax

Reaction score
I know that Im not supposed to list this here but I am at the end of my rope looking for a part and I cant even find it on the internet. Its like my truck doesnt exist, The VIN number doesnt even work when I punch it in. I posted over on fortrucksonly.com but noone has replyed and this 1 item is keeping me from putting my interior (carpet) back in. its a 79 f-100 with a floor shift 4-speed (3 speed with o.d.). At the end of the shifter when it attaches to the linkage there is a rubber/metal bushing that is totally shot. I have looked for it to the point I am ready smash the damn truck with my tractor. I have seen this worn out on every old ford truck I have ever drove but noone on earth (including the last 2 hours on google) seems to be able to help me with this.
Can someone Please help?
-Will

Can you make it out of something else, have you tried asking a local transmission shop [maybe somebody there has a scrounge box of extra stuff] have you searched the f100 forums for this part. I suggest to try to manufacture it from something you have on hand. I have had to do this many times for things i can't find.

I tried LMC with no luck, I have tried to make once already and it failed. Im going to go outside and get it here in a little bit and stare at it and try to get creative once again if I cant find one

I tried LMC with no luck, I have tried to make once already and it failed. Im going to go outside and get it here in a little bit and stare at it and try to get creative once again if I cant find one

How about some pictures of the truck with the part installed and pictures of the worn out parts. All pitures will help.

Parts International Farmers Branch Ford in Farmers Branch, TX 75234 is showing D9BZ-7K453-B in stock with the last inventory update on Jul 17, 2012.

Bob Allen Ford in Overland Park, KS 66212 is showing D9BZ-7K453-B in stock with the last inventory update on Jul 24, 2012.

If those fall out send me a pm and I will send you another list.

Would the critters you need happen to look like these?

Those arent it, the piece I need goes over the bottom of the shifter, then goes into its holder on the linkage. I tried to fix it with a creation and it didnt work, but Im going to try to take a picture of whats left tommrow

Those arent it, the piece I need goes over the bottom of the shifter, then goes into its holder on the linkage. I tried to fix it with a creation and it didnt work, but Im going to try to take a picture of whats left tommrow

Did you look at the picture on the link that TXDart posted?

I copied it and posted it below.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqMOKjcE6dl49JuKBOq(rT26y!~~60_58.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 169
I know that Im not supposed to list this here but I am at the end of my rope looking for a part and I cant even find it on the internet. Its like my truck doesnt exist, The VIN number doesnt even work when I punch it in. I posted over on fortrucksonly.com but noone has replyed and this 1 item is keeping me from putting my interior (carpet) back in. its a 79 f-100 with a floor shift 4-speed (3 speed with o.d.). At the end of the shifter when it attaches to the linkage there is a rubber/metal bushing that is totally shot. I have looked for it to the point I am ready smash the damn truck with my tractor. I have seen this worn out on every old ford truck I have ever drove but noone on earth (including the last 2 hours on google) seems to be able to help me with this.
Can someone Please help?
-Will

How about this....

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb...~S3K81F7COD50922121480h~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000024D#

Attachments

• yb (Small).jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 166
Here's pictures of what I need. the last is just a shot of the truck lol

Attachments

• shifter 006.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 164
  • shifter 005.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 173
  • shifter 004.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 172
  • shifter 003.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 165
  • shifter 002.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 174
  • shifter 001.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 168
Show where it goes on the truck because we still need more information. A grill shot does nothing to identify where that part fits on the truck.

This picture isnt very good, my camera decided that a flash wasnt needed, but this is a slot on the linkage of the transmission. The grill shot was to help identify the year. thought it may help

This is on the linkage on the side of the transmission

Attachments

• shifter 012.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 154
more pics but there still low quality

Attachments

• shifter 011.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 143
  • shifter 012.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 143
Ordered alot from the graveyard but I will have to call the other site, still not sure what to call the part I need though. Maybe they can figure it out

Im going to see what numbers I can find because mine is not a top loader, mine has linkage down the driver side similar to a mopar 833. what numbers would let me know what were dealing with?

I have assumed this was the factory transmission in this truck the whole time, but it is 33 years old, it coulda been changed over the years, everything else was still original so I just figured it was too

After much work, a few beers, and some time we have created a bushing for it from an old wheel barrow tire. Its not quite as tight as a new one would be (at least I dont think so) but it seems to be working.
Thanks for the help everyone
-Will

-
Back