Help with bee, wasp or MONSTER Hornet!!

-

pauls340

Reaction score
Last summer I saw something that was larger than a Hummingbird with a masive stinger looking rearend that went into the grass next to the edged driveway. My wife laughed at me cause I get like a scared little girl around bees. Well, it's back and this time my wife saw it go into a hole in the grass. She grabbed a can of wasp spray foam and filled the hole. That one came out and flew away and there was a bunch of movement at the top of the hole...what the hell could be 4" long and how do I get rid of them? Thanks

not sure... but i would start by yelling like a girl, then pray it dont come back, then look at insects on google and finally call an exterminator who will most like follow all these same steps.

good luck

Sounds like ground hornets. We used to have them when I lived in southern Indianna. If you can get close enough, poor gas in it's hole. You won't see it again.

Sounds like ground hornets. We used to have them when I lived in southern Indianna. If you can get close enough, poor gas in it's hole. You won't see it again.

My thoughts exactly. Pour gas in it's hole.

Flamable brake cleaner, lighter and good aim..plus someone to shoot the video of you running from the flaming mad wasp.....:happy1:

Owdkasd has it cicada killer they not very aggressive but if you want them gone the gas bit should work w get them around here all the time i had to catch one yesterday for my nieces bug collection

So my wife is standing over me reading all this and LHFAOff....her one comment was "aren't you embarrased?" I said HELL no, I'm petrified !!

Lol my daughter is getting a snake for a pet i had a tarantula for the longest and my wife laughs her butt of every time a house spider runs across my foot cause i freak when i don't know what it is

The red wasps around my house will chase you through the yard for as long as you can out run them when those see u they just fly away i guess they know there bad asses the little ones have to prove it

yepp don't let the little ones fool you thay are pretty smart..I used to paint in my dads garage and this one kept stalking me,I painted him white, he would try to sneak up behind me and kept catching him finally I put enough paint on him to down him....he was gonna git me!!!!

Looks like this right
That's exactly what Mine look like. I have been wiping them out by the dozen's. Mark the holes then at about 10:30 PM go out and shoot Ground nesting, Foaming Wasp killer down the holes. I used Bendy straws to mark out 20 holes tonight and just got back in from spraying. LOL
071121533715.ashx

The red wasps around my house will chase you through the yard for as long as you can out run them when those see u they just fly away i guess they know there bad asses the little ones have to prove it
Those sound like Cow Killers or AKA Velvet Wasps. The can sting a Cow through their thick leather Hyde's.

Whatever they are they'd nailed me more than once
This is surprising to me. Normally the Female will "reserve" her stings for Cicada's because her children's lives depend on it. The Male Cicada killer actually has his sex organ where a stinger would be. I bet it was very painful. I actually spent about 3 hours with them buzzing all around me today. Some females even bumped right into me. For some reason Bees, Wasps and Hornets don't sting me. I am the Bee whisperer.

-
Back