Help with brakes please

-

tguss

Reaction score
I did a disk brake swap on my 68 valiant I used all parts from 73 duster I also use duster proportioning valve . I'm bleeding brakes but I get no fluid to the back, I took line off proportioning valve but no fluid comes out even when i hit peddle. Is valve bad ? Any idea on fix ? Any help would be greatful

I did a disk brake swap on my valiant using 73 duster disk brakes and proportioning valve , I'm not getting fluid to the back , I took line on valve hit peddle and no fluid comes out . Is proportioning valve bad or can they be reset any help be greatful

... I took line on valve hit peddle and no fluid comes out ..

Can you re-state? I have no idea what this means "took line on valve".

Most people who had similar problems found that the rubber hose to the rear axle had collapsed internally, blocking the flow. Is that new? It should be routinely changed about every 20 years, or whenever you see cracks on the outside.

1st, is it hooked up just like it came off the 1973?
Can you crack the lines before it goes into the valve and make sure both sides are putting out pressure?

I'm sorry , I took line off proportioning valve and no fluid comes out even hitting brake peddle. Yes rubber line is new ,

Are you getting pressure on the rear line outlet from the prop valve? Got where this is going? Need to chase the entire hydraulic flow until you quit getting flow. It's a PITA, but better a PITA now than meeting with a more severe PITA on the road.

I had problems with a crimped rear brake line (steel) with the Demon that I uncovered trying to bleed rear brakes. A small crimp has dramatic effects on rear braking.

No fluid is coming out of proportioning valve for the back line, front is ok but with line off that goes to back I have nothing even when I hit brake peddle

No fluid is coming out of proportioning valve for the back line, front is ok but with line off that goes to back I have nothing even when I hit brake peddle

your proportioning valve needs to be re centered, it has the rear wheels locked out

you can do this by bleeding the front brakes, then move to the rear

-
Back