Help with buying front brake lines.

-

slipyoke

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals. I am working on my 76 duster, rebuilding the front suspension while doing so i had to clip my front brake line to remove the caliper hose. I have made an attempted at repairing it and re flaring the line, this led to much frustration and a useless front brake line.

my question is where do i purchase the 2 front brake lines? I've looked at year one and ebay as well as hand full of other places and i cant seem to figure it out. apparently year one doesn't go all the way to 1976? idk maybe i am just dumb or not reading it correctly. Don't want to buy a full set for the car in hopes i can salvage the rear latter just want the front 2. like i said 76 Plymouth duster, power brakes, disc.

Thanks in advance

i just measured the original total length even with the bends and reshaped a strait already flared line and bent accordingly to the old one. line was only a few bucks from vatozone. very simple to do this way vs buying overpriced lines pre bent. bending is unbelievably simple to make look fantastic if you take your time. i rushed and it still looks great.

i just measured the original total length even with the bends and reshaped a strait already flared line and bent accordingly to the old one. line was only a few bucks from vatozone. very simple to do this way vs buying overpriced lines pre bent. bending is unbelievably simple to make look fantastic if you take your time. i rushed and it still looks great.

ok cool did you have the coiled steel on the one you made or just didnt worry about it?

They are spiral wrapped for protection. Not really needed.

They are spiral wrapped for protection. Not really needed.
wire brush the old line, wd 40 the he-- out of it and slide it off the old line,(u will have to straighten it first). buy a new roll of brake line , slip the protective coil over it and bend the line to fit.

Thanks a lot for the help guys building one today

-
Back