Help with Dash on 65 Barracuda

-

TerraBella

Reaction score
Looking for some helpful advice on my dash gage's on my 65 Barracuda, most were working fine,except the heat gage never worked, but the other day the gas gage started to go to the half mark when full. then it started to peg out on the full mark only. and the heat gage also came to life but peged to Hot... its not running hot or never out of gas any help!! PLEASE!

THANKS

Seems to be a rash of 64 and 65 gauge problems. Maybe they were built to last 50 years. LOL Anyway.. There are several recent threads with a variety of responses that may help. Most common fault is the instrument voltage limiter, but we cant rule out anything.

Ran into the same issue on my 66. had some crispy wires behind my dash, and the connectors on the dashboard were dirty. Still working on mine, but upgrading the wiring harness is fairly easy once you figure it out. I would replace the voltage regulator in the dashboard with a solid state replacement though.

ran into the same issue on my 66. Had some crispy wires behind my dash, and the connectors on the dashboard were dirty. Still working on mine, but upgrading the wiring harness is fairly easy once you figure it out. I would replace the voltage regulator in the dashboard with a solid state replacement though.
x2

-
Back