Help with door handle/mirror install

-

73SlantSwinger

Reaction score
So i'm about to replace the outside door handles and driver's side mirror on my 67 valiant. I have the mirror and door handles. Will i need anything else for this install? door panel clips? or will i be able to use the factory ones? thanks

If remote mirror, that cable has a clip attaching it to a pinch weld. That clip and all other hardware is reusable.
These door panels have steel X wire clips in hard board that has become very brittle. Even when using the proper panel removal tool, damage can occur, including visible damage when trying to get them back in the holes. I'm not saying you'll need to replace those with modern plastic push pins but I always do.

I had that problem with panel boards breaking up. Re-enforced them with heavy aluminum duct tape (not cloth/plastic). I used the original wire clips. Do you have new gaskets for the parts you are putting on? Careful inside the doors. Metal edges in there can be quite sharp. I usually don't realize it when it happens, but find cuts on my arms after I am done.:eek:

-
Back