help with gauges

-

gregs75duster

Reaction score
Im in the process of replacing my gauges with autometers. Can i just wire in a VOLT gauge using the ammeter wires? Any issues or problems ill run into. I was told that i run the risk of the new gauges catching on fire.

Ammeter measures current flow and not voltage. Just shows the flow of power either to or from the battery. For the volt meter, just hook it up to any switched power source so it is not on all the time and drains your battery. Radio fuse or any other accessory that goes off with the key will work.

no, you can join the ammeter wires on to the positive terminal, and then ground the other terminal....wallah....working volts guage without having to change any wiring!

No way to turn the volt meter off using that method. Always hot feed from the battery.

no, you can join the ammeter wires on to the positive terminal, and then ground the other terminal....wallah....working volts guage without having to change any wiring!

That is interesting. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm going to have my brother help me figure it out. He knows a lot more about electrical than I do. Thanks

i appreciate all the info i can get when it comes to the electrical aspect. I can swing hammers and pull wrenches and even plug in appliances, but wiring gives me fits.

FAT-245 is correct on that. I used to do that with my old drag car. I would just have a toggle switch for my battery shut off.

you think wiring will give you the *****?

hahaha

img1495l.jpg

-
Back