Help with grounds for rallye dash and harness

-

pauls340

Reaction score
I am 70% done putting a new main dash wire harness in. One of the mounting tabs for the rallye dash is missing; the one on the bottom to the left of the steering column. Somewhere on Abodiesonly there was talk about dash grounds....where are they? Any tips while it's all apart will help.:cheers:

I make a ground harness that catches the screws beside every bulb socket. The harness is achored to be yank proof so it cant damage the plastic ( easy to break ) bulb sockets. Below that is a male/female space connection for service disconnect. The final length of wire goes to the oval head phillips screw that supports the fuse box.

Attachments

• Jeff complete back.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 187
RedFish, I just literally got off your website. My dash is out and I think I want the IVR. Can I reach you tomorrow at that phone #?

RedFish, I just literally got off your website. My dash is out and I think I want the IVR. Can I reach you tomorrow at that phone #?

I'm available almost all the time. I do go to the post office, etc..
I can relay more info through email though.

I make a ground harness that catches the screws beside every bulb socket. The harness is achored to be yank proof so it cant damage the plastic ( easy to break ) bulb sockets. Below that is a male/female space connection for service disconnect. The final length of wire goes to the oval head phillips screw that supports the fuse box.

great photo redfish. in addition to grounding the bulb sockets it looks like you are grounding the ammeter the same way. Is that correct? would you recommend grounding out any other gauges?

WOAH !!! back the truck up. The panel shown has the ALT' gauge converted to a VOLTS gauge. NO OEM GAUGES SHOULD BE CHASSIS GROUNDED !
Maybe I should have that picture removed before it causes mass confusion.

ahhh that makes sense. thanks!

so everything should be the same as that photo minus the ground for the ammeter/voltage meter?

ahhh that makes sense. thanks!

so everything should be the same as that photo minus the ground for the ammeter/voltage meter?

Yes sir. All you want to do is put a actual copper wire in the places where the factory had used a daisy chain of parts and hardware to provide the ground path.
For those who might ask why so many little wires ? Wouldn't only 1 be enough ?
Answer, The one bulb closest to the screw where your one wire is attached will burn significantly brighter than all others.

-
Back