Help with Holley carb choke

-

NorthernSwede

Reaction score
Hi! I'm asking this on the behalf of a friend that has a valiant with a 360SB, original 4 port intake and this carb http://www.holley.com/0-6210.asp
Since it has divorced choke, which if I understand it right is some kind of automatic thing it won't work on his car? Right?
Is there a way to convert this "divorced" choke to electrical or manual choke so you can actuallt decide wheter or not the choke is needed by yourself, and above all making it work at all since a carb without choke is quite useless in -40C...

Best regards!

wouldn't it work to just remove everything from the current choke assembly except the pin that sticks down from inside the carb and just pop the hood, use that pin to manually close the choke, let it run and manually open the choke up again when hot?

I can't remember to save my life what that side of the divorced choke Holleys look like. If there are threaded bosses, something like this may be the cleanest way to get there...
http://www.holley.com/45-225.asp

I'd much rather adjust it with a cable from relative comfort than have to jump out in cold/wet/crappy conditions to fiddle with stuff.

wouldn't it work to just remove everything from the current choke assembly except the pin that sticks down from inside the carb and just pop the hood, use that pin to manually close the choke, let it run and manually open the choke up again when hot?

Wait, you came here to ask if theres a way to do something and now you side step any attempt to help out by making life harder for you freind by way of "Jumping in and out of the car?"

OK, I'm done with you............NEXT!

Hmm, since he has no choke at all at the moment I was just wondering whweter or not it's possible so he can get the car moving at all in the mornings since he is currently taking the BUS to work rather than having to kill his battery four times over in the mornings. But thanks anyway.

We'll remove the carb and look at that kit. And the wire that rumblefish linked to, how does it look at the carburetor end? Hard to see on the image.

Well anyhow. Thanks for the help, you guys at FABO ar amazing, sorry that rumblefish got so upset, can se why, but I must excuse myself by saying that english is not my native language and I'm haveing a hard time finding words. Anyway, best regards!

-
Back