Help with hood scoop installation

-

Sparky1

Reaction score
Looking to install hood scoops on my 72 Duster 340. I have the scoops but my question is related to placing inserts/gasket (?) in the 4" holes in the hood to perhaps keep the rain water out. While I never plan to drive in the rain - sometimes it just happens. I have searched and can't seem to find anything online - anybody have any information on this?

BF49FBB6-5CA6-4ABC-9CC6-80003C076141.png
I used these, got them at a local trailer store

A27B5AF3-EF22-4DB2-AA19-279B1DD3BB72.jpeg

B8B956E8-427C-4F9C-B76E-607C119F0C19.jpeg

Thanks - great and I saw some this info on the site however, just where do we get those black gaskets...? Can't seem to find them.

You can find them all over eBay, to include vender Detroit Muscle, who is a sponsor on this site DMT MOPAR 7071 72 73 74 A Body Air cleaner to Hood Scoop Seals Dart Demon Duster | eBay (though I do like Backally's cost effective approach if you are not looking for OEM level restoration Rubber Grommet for 4" Round Trailer Tail Lights Optronics Accessories and Parts A45GB).

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
You can find them all over eBay, to include vender Detroit Muscle, who is a sponsor on this site DMT MOPAR 7071 72 73 74 A Body Air cleaner to Hood Scoop Seals Dart Demon Duster | eBay (though I do like Backally's cost effective approach if you are not looking for OEM level restoration Rubber Grommet for 4" Round Trailer Tail Lights Optronics Accessories and Parts A45GB).

View attachment 1715100418

My Duster is not the OEM level - just a fun car with a "snotty & throaty" 340 - Thanks to everyone for your advice & ideas......

Sparky1 I just did mine last Saturday. I used the DMT hood scoop seals. I also used the recommended (factory size) 4 1/8" hole saw. If I was to do it again, I'd use a smaller hole saw. As for the placement, I made a 4 1/2" diameter template (the diameter of the grommet/seal) and placed it in the underhood relief, marked the center hole and drilled a small pilot from the underside. Then got the holesaw on the topside and cut through it in about 45 seconds. Good luck!

-
Back