Help with infinity box wiring system installation

-

bmcentir

73 duster
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience installing an infinity box Isis wiring system in a duster? It is fairly straight forward, but I'm having problems getting the stock headlight switch on my 1973 duster to interface with the system. The issue is with the dimming of the gauge lights since I can't separate the reostat from the headlight power. Any help would be appreciated.

Brad

You are going to have to post a specific link to the manual and page and module and so on. I'm not wading through "a book" to see how this thing works.

So far as your Duster original setup, the gauge tail and park lights were originall separate from the headlights. There were two power supplies to the light switch. One was for headlights only, the second one (from the tail fuse) operated the dash lights, tail, and park

Yes you are exactly right on the switch. I was hoping someone has installed one of these systems in their mopar and could share what they did with the gauge lighting. The infinity system uses ground as an input to trigger outputs. In this case I would ground the B2 terminal and use r as my input into the infinity system. When it see's a ground there it provides power to that circuit. The problem with stock switch is the r terminal is connected to the reostat so that I can't put power to it for gauge lighting control. If I did it would burn out the input that is using the ground as a trigger. They suggest that you use a GM headlight switch that has an exposed copper trace that you can cut to separate out the reostat. I was hoping for a different solution.

If you can point me to a manual/ page number I might have some ideas, don't know. Seems to me there are too many of these aftermarket folks don't fully think "how stuff works" before they go off on some re-engineering tangent LOL

Sorry for not knowing exactly which manual your asking for. The infinity system is pretty straight forward. I ground an input and I get the gauge light output. Then run that to a rheostat. For my Original light switch wiring I'm using the 1973 Chassis Service Manual (Plymouth, Chrysler, Imperial) page 8-192

Attachments

• IMG_2001.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2002.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 100
Well the Chrysler manual doesn't tell me what you are trying to do. I can download those all day. What I need to know is how you're trying to hook to an infinity, and where in and in which infinity manual are you trying to integrate this?

So far as "cutting copper" there HAS to be an interconnect between the switch section and the dimmer section.....although I have not looked at a Mopar switch lately

Here is the infinity box instruction sheet on how to wire to a GM headlight switch. There is nothing for a Mopar.

[ame="http://infinitybox.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/ISISGMHeadlightSwitch.pdf"][/ame]

Sorry the link didn't come through.... I'll try again....[ame="http://infinitybox.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/ISISGMHeadlightSwitch.pdf"]http://infinitybox.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/ISISGMHeadlightSwitch.pdf[/ame]

-
Back