Help with leaf springs

-

tekslk

Reaction score
I want to change leaf springs and some guys say dont use SS springs. I have a friend who has P3412002 from Mopar Performance and p3412003 Summit show them as a competition spring will both sides be the same height? This is what im trying to stay away from, One side being higher than the other, can someone educate me. this is a street car not a drag strip car. Car is a 67 barracuda, 8 3/4 360 engine auto.

I put SS springs on my 71 Duster this summer and really like the lift and look.

I also put them in my 71 duster, and love the look. mine sits perfect height side to side.

All of the Mopar SS springs are biased on the right side. They make the car sit about 1" or so higher on the passenger side. This is so the car will launch straigh and level.

All of the Mopar SS springs are biased on the right side. They make the car sit about 1" or so higher on the passenger side. This is so the car will launch straigh and level.
That doesnt answer my question are the springs im questioning about ss springs or just a heavy duty. Are both your dusters sitting level?

You could just rearch your old springs to any height you want. But the flatter the spring, the better it handles in turns and bumps.
I had mine rearched and new spring pads installed 10 years ago and it sits perfect.

My friend has the springs for sale for 100 bucks for the pair and there brand new I cant hardly turn them down at that price. I guess I will just get them and if it doesnt sit level I will try a block kit on one side to lower or raise.

That doesnt answer my question are the springs im questioning about ss springs or just a heavy duty. Are both your dusters sitting level?

Yes it does. The 002 and 003 springs are SS springs and will not sit level. If somebody says they sit level, either their eyes are crooked, or their car is. They are designed so that the car will launch straight under a racing situation, so as such, while static sitting on level ground, the car will sit about an inch or so lower on the driver's side.

Even the stock mopar springs had a extra 1/2 leaf spring on one side to help even out the torque of the drive train. Do you want it sitting level with no one in the car or with a driver?
How full is the gas tank?(I think Chrysler wants a 1/2 tank when you adjust the suspension) No car from the factory sat "level"-they all lean a little bit.

I put 002's (passenger side) springs on both sides of my 64 dart and it sits a little high. I can put my hand on top of the 14 tire without touching the fender. If I had it to do again I probably would put 003's on both sides.

Be sure to check with your local dealership on the price of these before ordering them, you may be surprised on the price to ship them.

-
Back