Help with my 15x10 ralley wheel idea...

-

myasylum

Reaction score
I was thinking about going back to 15" stock ralley rims, however I'm thinking about getting the rears widened to 15x10. Can I do this with out my car being tubbed? the backspace should be about 5" if I'm correct? Has anyone done this? And what size tires were run?
If anyone has pictures that would be great too. I just think with that deep of rim it should look pretty bad ***! :)

Thanks!

I ran some 15X10 weld wheels 5" BS on my Demon. No tubs but I did move the leaf springs in 3/4 on each side. I think you are about right on the back spacing. It is probably going to depend on the tire size if you have rubbing on leaf springs or fender lips. It will be a tight fit with stock suspension.

Think I was running a 28 X 12.50 MT quick time tire. I would get some fender lip rub on big bumps

Attachments

• 71Demon 001.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 237
I do have SS springs so I'm sure they will help. The one wierd thing I noticed was that since I switched to a 8 3/4 a body from a 8 1/4 and the wheels actually seem to stick out the wheel wells 3/4" now. Before it would barely tuck and rub. I have a 73 as well.

I think the 5" back space is too much for your app.. Try 4 1/2" and move the leafs in 3/4" on each side. 28x12.5x15 should work for tires. That's what I ran before tubbing.

Move spring perches in 3/4" on each side of axle and install
3/4" offset spring hangers

-
Back