Help with my thread signature

-
K.I.S.S.

Keep it short and simple.

Put a teaser in your sig, and save the plethora of details for your profile.
Also, keep sig photos relatively small. Again, your profile is the place to show off your cars and projects.
A sig that's too long, or photos that widen the screen or require scrolling usually get ignored, or cause people to turn off the sigs completely.

Most of the posts in my tech are about building my car. Keeps me from dragging out long explanitations on my build.

WHen THe car gets moved and underway I will have something different. RIght now I am just wanting all the tech junkies to see what parts I have gathered up so far.

I hope the sig is not making the threads wider, I hate that.

K.I.S.S.

Also, keep sig photos relatively small. Again, your profile is the place to show off your cars and projects.
A sig that's too long, or photos that widen the screen or require scrolling usually get ignored, or cause people to turn off the sigs completely.

K.I.S.S.

there is a member who has a great looking orange duster in his sig, but the picture is WAY to large (his sig takes up as much space as the first two posts on this thread)

one more thing to consider, I don't think people will "assume" the car you are working on is the car listed in your signature
so even though it is listed in there I would expect people to still ask "what are you working on today"

personally, the siggies I like the best are the ones who pick on liberals :cheers:

There was a whole usenet forum dedicated to making fun of .sigs - it's sorta like ego-spamming to have a big .sig, IMHO

Here's a vintage 'big sig'

http://www.physics.csbsju.edu/Help/bdg/bdg_81.html

There are .sigs and there are .sigs. Many people put only bare-bones information in their .sig files -- their names and e-mail addresses, perhaps their phone numbers. Others add a quotation they think is funny or profound and a disclaimer that their views are not those of their employer. Still others add some ASCII-art graphics. And then there are those who go totally berserk, posting huge creations with multiple quotes, hideous ASCII "barfics" and more e-mail addresses than anybody could humanly need. College freshmen unleashed on the Net seem to excel at these. You can see the best of the worst in the alt.fan.warlord newsgroup, which exists solely to critique .sigs that go too far, such as:

<Had to screenshot it, since it's from the days before proportional fonts and all the elaborate formatting is lost now>

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 10.41.11 PM.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 64
-
Back