Help with pricing a Duster

-

gt6mk31

Reaction score
I have decided to sell my 1973 Duster and have a post in the for sale section here.

After a lot of internet searching and talking to people who know some about collector cars, I have listed a price. I was hoping some of you who are more knowledgeable about A-bodies specifically would be willing to take a look at my post and tell me if you think the price is reasonable.

I'd appreciate any advice you can share. Thank you.

I think it is fairly priced IMO. Just be prepared for the low ball offers like 5k. Of course I'm sure you know this but always ask more than what your willing to settle for and have a bottom dollar price in mind of what your willing to accept. I'd offer you about $6500 and haggle from there but that's just me no disrespect intended. If I paid $7500 for your car I'd be happy...but I'd have to see it myself or have someone inspect it for me seeing your out of my area plus shipping costs on my end. Just my 2 cents:)
But again I think you have it priced to sell!!

Location can hurt. Make sure to list in in twin cities, Souix Falls and Omaha craigslist.

Cool seeing someone here from Burt. My relatives are from there (Scott's, Andrews'). I drove my copper/white 68 Barracuda S coupe with California plates around Burt from 93-97 when visiting relatives on college breaks. Also had a white 67 Nova post with California plates. Sold that to a guy in Spencer, IA.

Brian Bengs from Burt used to be on this site and has a 67 Barracuda conv.

In that area of the country and if the car is as good as it looks I don't think you are off on your starting price. The things that I don't care for about the car is the dash being modified for a CD player, the gray on the firewall behind the engine and the black that has been sprayed in the trunk.

Hey wait a second...

Is this Sheryl L.?
Nope, I'm not Sheryl. I'm not originally from Burt. We moved here 10 years ago. We lived ~ 30 miles west of Spencer prior to moving here but are originally from southeastern Iowa.

Thank you all for your answers.

I posted the ad on Sioux Falls and Minneapolist Craigslists on Wednesday. Had an inquiry on Wednesday from a gentleman from the Sioux Falls ad. He made an appointment for today (Saturday) and he bought it. I got what I was asking for it and he was very happy with it.

I've had two other inquires.

-
Back